How's the Business Side Looking?

I hope they don’t have stock. Once a company goes public they have an obligation to make money for their stockholders. That can lead to stupid ideas for the sake of making money.

“These new episodes of MST3K aren’t making enough money. We’re going to turn the GizmoPlex into a VOD wrestling and cooking channel.”

8 Likes

Lol. I’d watch if the wrestling and cooking were part of the same show.

But if we were stock holders we could fire the board of directors and take over the enterprise and and then we would control Crow and finally get to decide who lives or dies!
Oops I gave away my master plan…

5 Likes

That is what happened to scify.

5 Likes

Aside from most of the money going to making episodes and getting the G-Plex up and running, I wonder if they are holding off on doing a lot of merch until after the merch that has already been promised and sold (KS rewards) has actually been delivered.

There are people who would consider it an insult if there was a full merch line that anyone could buy when we have not yet gotten our KS stuff. (I’m not one of those people but you know they exist)

12 Likes

That’s a very good point, and it’s possible those people who do exist don’t even realize they exist. Like, I might be sitting here like “yeah it’s all good” but the moment they release merch for everybody who’s not me then I’ll suddenly transform.

6 Likes

Plus they’ve said many times supply chain issues are slowing the rewards down. So the same problem would likely still exist for new stuff.

4 Likes

As long as the 3D glasses get delivered on time I can wait for the rest :disguised_face:

8 Likes

The fact that they’ve been so good at releasing digital content (episodes, events) and have been so transparent with issues with getting physical stuff makes the wait much more bearable as well.

That being said, I can’t believe that there isn’t anyone nerdy enough in the food business who hasn’t pitched why they shouldn’t be the main producer of Gizmo-snacks. Crow-colored popcorn, GPC-shaped pretzels, candy that could fit inside a Tom Servo, Waverly, um, whatever they’re known fors…

8 Likes

Have I had too much Mega-Monster Month or does this have a rather Hulkish energy? Like when Chris Combs gets his dander up, he turns into Mega-Backer and starts flossing his teeth with power lines?

7 Likes

Ooh, maybe his shirt will fit then! :smiley:

5 Likes

Hey, I’m still waiting for some HotDish recipes… :thinking:

7 Likes

I did my part and plugged the the-ATER-er and all on Mastodon!

4 Likes

Up until very recently I worked in global manufacturing and yes, holy cats are supply chain issues utterly awful right now. I’m really surprised Zazzle is able to get my shrits to me in a few weeks and won’t be at all surprised (or upset) if there are delays. I haven’t been able to get Milkduds for weeks and still can’t, it’s really hell out there.

7 Likes

Ooooooh sweet dig at me! I loves it!

4 Likes

Only one way to fix this. [Drumroll]

Alterate With Alternaversal ! – the hot new DIY how-to series which shows you how to sew and decorate the fully customized novel-T you desire-- right in your own home!! (Episodes about hats, socks, jackets, and plushies to follow! Stay tuned!) :computer:

8 Likes

Okay, but CAN we 3D print a shirt? COULD we download a shirt?

7 Likes

Would you have to have a sheep or some cotton plants and you dump the raw fluff in and it spits out thread that gets 3D printed? I mean, jokes about having a sheep on hand aside, it can’t be impossible. Where are you, textile MSTies?

7 Likes

Seems less messy than my attempt to make a customized leather souvenir jacket from scratch. (I shouldn’t have started with that Wisconsin-grown remaindered cowhide they were selling in the parking lot behind Dutch’s Cafe’. :dizzy_face: Next time, it’s the wholly-vegan pineapple-fiber option, for sure! No matter how many pineapples I have to harvest and eat myself! :pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple: )

7 Likes

The pineapple leather startup is really the way to go, because who doesn’t want to eat at least 300 pineapples a week themselves?

7 Likes

People DO go all out for fruit leather.

“I took the liberty of making some fruit leather.”
“What the hell is fr-”
“FRUIT LEATHER! FRUIT LEATHER!!!”

9 Likes