I actually kinda like California Lady

It’s not terrible.

It’s not even bad.

Also, I’m hopped up on antibiotics and cold meds for a sinus thing that’s moved into my ears.

Probably these things are unrelated.

10 Likes

If you like California Lady, here is an EP someone put together of Frank Larrabee’s music. He’s the guy who wrote and performed it.

7 Likes

I mean, it’s no “Yipe Stripes”, but still.

6 Likes

I love California Lady and I am not sorry.

10 Likes

I feel the same way about the entire Del-Aires soundtrack to The Horror of Party Beach that y’all feel towards “California Lady.”

(And really, it’s not a bad song.)

11 Likes

Neither California Lady nor the Del-Aires sound any worse than most bands of their day. I particularly find CL to be an ear worm and never thought the song to be a bad one.

5 Likes

My only problem with it is that the verses and the chorus have nothing to do with each other.

One of them belongs in a different song.

3 Likes

Please oh please tell me that song could be an Easter egg in the Gizmoplex. Perhaps a hidden music video?

3 Likes

The Beau Brummels are pretty good too.

8 Likes

Especially “Woman Woman Woman Woman”!

5 Likes

I actually like that song. It’s a good bluesy number.

7 Likes

I’ve had a couple beers and this music is hitting the spot. Thank you.

There are times when walking about the house or doing chores that I start singing California Lady.

7 Likes

Yeah, I like it very much.

3 Likes

I would rate it as “Not in fact worse than any Eagles song.” :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Another one that’s not bad, at least when the sound quality is good: Frederick Kopp - The Dance Hall Twist - YouTube

4 Likes

The trick is finding the sweet spot.

3 Likes

“Sweet… spot?”

3 Likes

Some of us were hip to them back in the Stone Age when they were the Beau Brummelstones

4 Likes