I am searching for Michael J. Nelson's AMC pilot for "Trailer" in which he covers the city of Woodstock, Illinois and the production of 1993's Groundhog Day

Hello,

I am writing a capstone project centered on Groundhog Day’s** (1993) impact on Woodstock, Illinois. While in the Historical Society’s archive, I found some local paper clippings about Michael’s show shooting on the city’s historic Square. The episode could help bolster my historiography essay required for the project. I am having difficulties finding the episode, which leads me to believe it did not air. This is a desperate shot in the dark, but does anyone have any further information on this?

2 Likes

I definitely don’t know anything about this, but have you tried contacting RiffTrax? That’s Mike Nelson’s current company, and they might be able to help you find more information or even get in touch with Mike directly. You can email them at support@rifftrax.com.

2 Likes

Wow. My google-foo turned up nothing :woman_shrugging::sob:

1 Like

Adam, thanks for the tip!

1 Like

It’s hard when the key terms are “Trailer” and “AMC.” :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t see a show called “Trailer” on this list of AMC programs. If that’s accurate, it seems like it never aired.

AdamSmith’s suggestion is probably your best option. It may be the case that it’s all locked up in legalities and Mike can’t talk about it, but certainly worth a try. I knew someone who was writing a paper on Monty Python and The Holy Grail and Eric Idle was on a message board and was happy to provide her with answers to her questions.

1 Like

A buddy of mine said that Mike is sometimes on message boards as well. :crossed_fingers:t2:

One of the few pieces of evidence I WAS able to uncover:

1 Like

I’d watch it

1 Like