I have been to the promised land!

…by which of course I mean Minnesota.

I got to eat hot dish (potatoes and ham), go to White Castle, visited a Duluth Trading Company store, drive by a Menards… what a trip.

1 RAM chip for anyone who can identify the town

10 Likes

Just so’s ya know, Menards and White Castle aren’t Minnesota things. We have those here in Indiana too.

6 Likes

And in Illinois! But White Castle is a northern Illinois staple. Menards has been a central Illinois standard for a long time. The commercials around here were rather iconic.

There are still quite a few packers fans around here, as well!

4 Likes

Albert Lea?

1 Like

I’ve been to the Forbidden Zone. That’s where I got this cool lobotomy.

6 Likes

1 Like

Oh, I know – I’ve been to White Castles in Tennessee and a few other places. But we have none whatsoever in California so it’s a real treat. And I just love to see Menards and hear “it’s a giant spider invasion of savings at Menards!” in my head :grin:

7 Likes

I saw a few people wearing Packers gear on Sunday. Apparently it’s not too uncommon in MN where let’s just say a few people may have gotten fed up with the local team.

2 Likes

Who wouldn’t love the purple people eaters? But, if I (if I were a Minnesotan) had the choice of packers or the other guys- I would be a packers guy in a heartbeat. And then maybe I could enjoy a beer and a brat with Joel on game day…

2 Likes

Nope, this town is not that far south. Similarly sized town though.

2 Likes

Anytown, MN?

2 Likes

Close! :slight_smile: I put “Anytown, MN” into google maps and the first result I got was this:

Which is about an hour away from the actual town…

Hint: this town is famous for a historical incident

2 Likes

IT’S A MINNESOTAN TRIP OF SAVINGS AT MENARDS!!! :smiley:

5 Likes

Did Adam The Woo ever do a video there?

1 Like

Not that I know of? But then again I don’t know who that is!

The historical event in question would have been in the 19th century and involves someone we have all heard of.

1 Like

Rochester? The Mayo Clinic founding?

We oughta guess Eden Prairie just in case.

1 Like

Fun fact: I’m related to one of the founding families of Eden Prairie (the Mitchells) I still have Skinner relatives in the Duluth area.

2 Likes

I’m tempted to guess Circle Pines, but I don’t know of anything else notable that happened there.

1 Like

The train to Appleton goes there.

2 Likes