I just noticed...

‘The Movie’ is one hour and fourteen minutes long.
So it’s shorter than the average episode. This isn’t a complaint, I honestly tip my hat at that fact.

3 Likes

It’s been said that the Brains were pretty resentful of the amount of material they were forced by the studio to cut, both from the movie and from the host segments.

7 Likes

I’m pretty resentful that I bought this from Amazon prime and I cant download it to my hard drive without some bullsh*t software service related to Amazon Prime for playing it.
I just want my mp4.

4 Likes

…like the entire damn world has wifi just floating through every square inch and like amazon will be around forever…

2 Likes

Software does exist that’s able to capture screen elements and sound…

3 Likes

I spent cash monies so I wouldnt have to, and here I am doing it anyways. Let it be recorded that my MONEY was not the issue and neither was the SALE of product.

2 Likes

…like a sucker.

1 Like

Well, that’ll learn ya.

2 Likes

There is only one person who could have been responsible for such a change.

[ahem]

THE AMAZING RANDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10 Likes

Every guy in this movie has the exact same hair style.

1 Like

…some of the women, too

1 Like

but they’re not aliens!!!

1 Like

To be fair, Amazon do a pretty good job of preventing you from directly downloading copies of movies you’ve purchased through their system. It’s really obnoxious. Pretty much the only way you can save the file to burn to a DVD or watch later is by pressing play and then using Game Bar or something else to directly record the output of your screen as it streams.

It’s especially annoying since my favorite movie ever, Cast a Deadly Spell, is only available to buy through Amazon’s godawful “ha, ha, sucker. You don’t actually own anything” streaming service. (Well, you can also get it in a crappy Macrovision-protected previous rental VHS or oddly cut down Laserdisc version, but the nice looking restored print is only available on Amazon Prime for some stupid reason.)

2 Likes

They’re Americans!

Yar har fiddle de-dee!

Pirate Pirating GIF

2 Likes

Ah, perhaps you meant that all the purportedly human guys have the same hairstyle. That could be the case.

Not sure if it helps but it’s also available on HBO Max and Apple. I remember this movie very fondly as well and will Be watching it after ~20 years.

7 Likes

Amazon is getting harder and harder to download digital content from. It used to be easy to buy MP3’s and download them… now it takes like 5 steps. They really, really want me to listen to it from the cloud server, but I want my purchased property safely behind my own stockade, thank you very much.

4 Likes

It feels like this Amazon/App Store DRM bullsh*t has been litigated, but I can’t remember the details. Something to do with the word “buy” and its implication of ownership. It obviously didn’t go well since it’s still going on. “Buying” digital content with DRM just means “renting it until we don’t feel like serving it anymore.”

1 Like

It’s been a fact in the software world for over thirty years that DRM and the like does not stop piracy, except in the most casual form of sharing. True pirates have most protection schemes cracked and files uploaded onto torrents within a day of the item’s release.

What DRM does do is (1) inconvenience the user because it (2) makes executives and other technologically ignorant stakeholders feel like “something is being done” to protect their profits.

Does it gall me that, as a paying customer, I am subjected to loads of unskippable content at the start of a Blu-ray, whereas a pirate who has downloaded the hacked version can go right to the movie? You’re damn right it does.

7 Likes