I know I couldn't be the only one to notice this....

Did anyone else notice this poster during the premier? I don’t recall seeing this anywhere else (please correct me if I am wrong) but I want this hanging in my movie room.

If this is available for purchase, please share a link.
If it isn’t, who else would buy one?

16 Likes

Likely just the concept art. but it would make a nice display piece.

Kind of makes the 'Plex look like a NHL/NBA arena built in the 60’s.

8 Likes

@Lesley is there a way you can run this up the flagpole? :wink:

5 Likes

The Amazing Gizmop, once the student of The Amazing RANDO!

7 Likes

Is it indeed some early concept art! I will share that people might be interested in buying a poster version, for sure.

21 Likes

Woot, Called it! Do I win anything…

3 Likes

Thank you!!! Count me in for at least two!

(orders coming in like)

2 Likes

Nope. I noticed it. I knew exactly where I’d seen it before, too…

19 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s on Sunset!

5 Likes

Yep. Saw a lot of classic movies there, like Apocalypse Now and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and also such gems as Saturn 3 and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe!

6 Likes

Appreciated! We want to plaster our theater room with a Gizmoplex/MST3K theme, so anything of the sort should be put up for sale!

3 Likes

I watched Kill Bill Part 2 in that theater. Not as great as I had hoped. The El Capitan is so much better.

Yes, I love the organist at the El Cap! Last time I was in LA, I saw Bambi on the big screen there and it was wonderful.

3 Likes

I saw a 70 mm print of Tron that had been restored and some of the cast and crew were there. It was a great experience.

4 Likes

I remember that early concept art, it reminded a little of the old Cooper Cinerama in Denver (other Cinerama’s had that design as well (Indian Hills). The flat top, circular, with vertical lines going around it, that type of cursive lettering on the building)

2 Likes

I would totally buy that if it were available. So put me down as another person interested in the poster!

3 Likes