I love (half of) that movie!

I actually thought 28 Days Later only became bearable once it got to the military portion, to be honest.

If you’d like a better version of Logan’s Run, read the novel, which has Logan and Jessica actually reaching Sanctuary and none of this “let’s go back and I’ll destroy the place WITH MY MIND!” stuff.

2 Likes

For me Contact and Something Wild both start off so strong and then the second half just fall to pieces. Too bad

2 Likes

On the flip side, Age of Innocence is a movie where I hated the first half of the movie, but then in the second half it came to life and I loved the ending, which dealt with the characters in a mature manner. Naked Lunch was another movie that had a slow beginning, but it all came together in the end and made the first part worth the trouble.

3 Likes

I guess I dug the second half of 28 Days Later because I got really strong George A. Romero’s Day of the Dead vibes from that. Love that movie.

I dig that movie, but would argue that that first half is a lot stronger, yeah.

3 Likes

and it plugs a certain orange soda WAY too much. How it ends is even worse

I think that was his point, but I liked the whole movie.

1 Like

For me it’s Speed. I love that movie to bits but I usually stop watching after they do the sliding thing and cute banter. The whole bit on the subway was just meh to me. I’m not explaining it well, sorry.

4 Likes

…which reminds me of the tabletop adaptation of Speed I saw that resolves the plot before they even get to the bus.

2 Likes

Care to tell the class what movie that is from?

1 Like

The Invention of Lying would be my guess

2 Likes

The Invention of Guessing would be my lie.

2 Likes

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

1 Like

I can’t think of too many movies like that, but one for me is Thor: Ragnarok. I’m not much of a superhero fan but I really liked Thor and yes, I really liked The Dark World. The thing about Thor is that, at least in the movies, he’s established as the more serious and somewhat formal character. Then, along comes Ragnarok. The first part of the movie is pretty good and serious. The end of the movie is very serious and dark, but the middle hour is like we suddenly jumped into a comedy where the whole purpose is to have everything be ridiculous. I could have accepted that for about 10 minutes, but it’s like half the movie and I can’t understand why people think Ragnarok is better than The Dark World.

However, I’ve read enough online to acknowledge that I’m probably in the minority in feeling that way.

3 Likes

I’ll say this much, Letters from Iwo Jima was the better of the two movies Eastwood did. 2nd half of Flags of Our Fathers is overdramatic and cliched BS.

1 Like