I will pay real cash money

For certain episodes. But they don’t seem to exist online. I know there are shoddy copies - I own em - but everything else seems to be available online in reasonable format, so… what do?

2 Likes

Are you looking for something other than what the MST3K Preservation Project has? Like straight DVD rips of titles no longer being sold? Because for DVDs no longer sold you’ll probably have to buy a used copy or arrange a swap.

What is the quality level you’re looking for, and what are the episodes in question? Some of them were never mastered to DVD as far as I can tell.

4 Likes

Which ones are you looking for in particular? I have a large collection of DVDs and encoded videos. You might want to private message me to ask.

3 Likes

I think there are 12 episodes that they’ve never been able to get the rights to and so they probably won’t ever be released. Shout! Factory did a special extra on their final DVD that was all the host segments from those movies.

6 Likes

Well, the Godzilla episodes seem to be important for a certain screencapping thing the forum is doing. As well as Final Sacrifice, which seems to have a storied history (lol). I cant think of the rest that arent currently on tubi or something equivalent, but those ones I mentioned would be the big draw here.
As far as quality goes, Im just gonna say DVD-ish and stare at the sun for a minute. I dunno, guys.

Are there plans to consolidate the entire show history under one HD washed roof? Does anyone know?

Better than this?

I guess what Im saying is that I feel like I have “passable” copies available, but I was wondering if there were official “good” ones out there… from like amazon, or Joel’s garage?

1 Like

At least Godzilla Vs. Megalon was released on DVD at one point, and it may be in my collection. I will look through it later.

3 Likes

You need to reach out to Deana Dolphin; she has an online repository of all episodes that she loves to share. I believe it is the complete collection, including the KTMA (minus episode 3 since NO ONE has that any more) episodes.

6 Likes

Yes indeed. They include:

201 - Rocketship X-M
213 - Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster
309 - The Amazing Colossal Man
311 - It Conquered the World
416 - Fire Maidens of Outer Space
418 - Attack of the the Eye Creatures
807 - Terror from the Year 5000
809 - I Was a Teenage Werewolf
905 - The Deadly Bees
906 - The Space Children
913 - Quest of the Delta Knights

I’m glad that all these host segments have been preserved on DVD in really shiny quality like that, but especially Fire Maidens of Outer Space. The “Timmy wreaks havoc on the SOL” host segments are amazing.

I also have a soft spot for those Amazing Colossal Man host segments, since that’s the first episode I taped off of TV, thanks to the Mystery Science Theater Hour.

Shout Factory acquired the streaming rights to Quest of the Delta Knights, which has me wondering if we’ll see an honest-to-goodness legit DVD release of that episode somewhere down the road…

6 Likes

I believe the digital copies I have are pretty good. Message me if you want to check them out.

This goes for everyone! :slight_smile: #KeepCirculatingTheTapes

15 Likes

I love you fellas

2 Likes

Now how much would you pay? But wait, there’s more!

3 Likes

I’m looking for episodes too.
Does anyone know if the old episodes (and the new, of course) will be available at the Gizmoplex when it ‘opens’? I’ve been trying to watch all of MST3K, but it’s difficult. (YouTube sucks for binge watching.)

2 Likes

I believe the intention is to sell digital episodes of the classic seasons in the Gizmoplex store. Whether this will extend to the previously unavailable ones I don’t know, but probably not, sadly. My favorite episode is one of those which never got a DVD or mastered digital release.

3 Likes

www.club-mst3k.com is very helpful.

11 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Has anyone found The Thing That Couldn’t Die? I have literally (actual literally, not teen Ashley literally) every other episode but that one!

It’s in volume XXIX of the official releases.

Great episode, that one!

1 Like

Excellent, thanks!

R.I.P., Mr. Popeil.

1 Like

But have you seen KTMA episode 3? And if so… what was it like?

That’s the only episode I haven’t seen. I undertook during the pandemic to watch every single episode of MST3K to date in order, minus that one since it’s lost to us, and succeeded in my goal, but I do sometimes wonder whether I missed anything by not being able to see that episode.