I won a thing! :D

I won a set of coasters from a giveaway on the MST3K twitch channel during Turkey Day. nothing super fancy, but It’s not every day I win a prize. has anyone else here won any cool stuff from contests or giveaways?

35 Likes

In 1973 my family won $25 in the then-new Maryland State Lottery. That was literally the only thing anybody in my extended family has ever won in their entire lives.

P.S. I LOVE THOSE COASTERS!

8 Likes

Congrats! They look great :+1:

3 Likes

Those are nice!!
All aboard the Envy train…

4 Likes

Does the servo one work like air hockey?

1 Like

Oh gosh those are so cool! My friend is always trying to win the Twitch giveaway stuff; he would love these :laughing:

3 Likes

Ooh I won one of the “MSTie Mondays” raffles on the Twitch channel and scored an awesome mug. I was afraid they wouldn’t send stuff to Canada but it was no problem apparently

4 Likes

Well it’s no essay contest, but nice work anyway :grin:

I’ve never really won a tangible, physical prize. But back in about… 1985? 86? my dad won a VCR by being the Nth caller on a radio show. They asked him his favorite album and he said Rumors by Fleetwood Mac. Don’t know why that detail always stuck with me, but that’s how my family got our first VCR. This would be essential equipment when a certain puppet show came around a few years later.

6 Likes

Nice!
I mainly keep joining those raffles on Monday’s and Thursday’s mainly just to find out what the prizes are.

3 Likes

That’s awesome!

1 Like

the weirdest thing is that I didn’t tune into the channel for the longest time, but I wanted to join in the turkey day celebration. it was only then I learned about the giveaways and I thought “lol might as well throw in some points” but sure enough I actually won at some point later on.

5 Likes

That’s the sort of story people who play the lottery every day hate to hear.

5 Likes

I was thinking that too :joy::joy:

1 Like

I won a Dr. Pepper bike that way. “What the hell, I don’t enter contests, but I have an extra stamp.” Then I got a bike.

It got stolen. :frowning:

2 Likes

aww man that sucks. Dr. Pepper is my fav soda too so I would have been extra pissed

4 Likes

Dr Pepper is my fav as well. I like drinking it hot with a slice of lemon

3 Likes

is that a southern thing? I never heard of anyone drinking it like that

2 Likes

I won a pair of 7UP boxers by entering some code from a bottle cap.

4 Likes

I found it in an old cookbook thing from the 50s or early 60s I decided to try it and it was amazing!

Totally different flavors but still Dr Pepper

3 Likes

Cool!! I’m on that channel alot

1 Like