I wonder When Emily's episodes will debut?

Never saw her live shows but her riffing on some shorts was great! I wonder when her first episode will debut?

3 Likes

Now, Emily’s no fool, but I’m hoping we see her on April 1st

11 Likes

It would make a ton of sense to debut her in ep2 right?

She was outstanding in the live shows.

7 Likes

I think Robot Wars has to be an Emily episode. It would make sense. The first episode is a Jonah episode to give fans a bit of familiarity with the new season. And then for the next one, introduce the new host.

5 Likes

I am quite amped to see Emily in a full episode. Her short during the Turkey Day stream was very strong.

4 Likes

Emily did great work on the two live tours. I’m excited for her official episodes, so o can watch them multiple times.

6 Likes

I already had high expectations on Emily but after seeing her live they were met and exceeded.

6 Likes

I have to imagine she’s doing Robot Wars and the next short.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m hoping it’s a staggered schedule where it alternates between hosts, instead of having a solid run of one host.

3 Likes

I don’t think they would introduce a new host before the Gizmoplex is even open to the general public. Open the doors first to the people who may be familiar with the show from previous incarnations, whether on TV or Netflix. Let them get used to the look & feel of the new version before major cast changes are suddenly made.

Plus, it looks like they are again going for a story line this season, what with the ominous introduction of Dr. Cabal at the end of the first episode. Personally, I can do without those story lines on the show; just give me the invention exchange and a solid movie and I’m satisfied. But if they are going for a story line, it might be easier to do Jonah’s eps first, then introduce Emily and after her eps, introduce Joel and his eps and then you get to the 3 count 'em 3 riffer show near the end of the season.

1 Like

I think the way the revival series has done storyline stuff in the host segments - a fairly loose, casual thread - is far preferable to the endless slog of the Sci-Fi storylines forced on them by the network. The endless material with ancient Rome, the Observer planet, etc. I tuned out constantly and still can’t watch much of it. I think they hit the balance here better.

For me the best way to introduce Emily would be an intro sequence tailored to her, maybe just as a one-off a la the Jonah cold open on Reptilicus, but they almost certainly didn’t have the space or budget this time to do that. Either way, it’s simple enough to do in the beginning of an episode.

4 Likes

I think some of it depends on whether there will be some in lore explanation as to why they’re jumping between hosts, or if they’ll just ignore the jumps and operate as if each host is in their own isolated plotline (at least until the triple host episode).

1 Like

They’ve already built that into the justification Pearl gives for the shorts, that they pick random riffing teams from a hat and they have to riff a short. Of course, there’s not been any indication in the show universe that there are other riffing teams yet.

1 Like

How soon we forget Matt Claude Van Damme.

9 Likes

The one episode I’m very sure she’s doing is Million Eyes of Sumuru, due to how horribly sexist it is, so you definitely wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to have a woman riffing it.

3 Likes

I wonder if Batwoman will be an Emily episode. Since she’s another woman wearing purple. And so is GPC for that matter :joy:

2 Likes

I feel like Emily will be introduced with having to riff a movie with a female lead, at least her first episode anyway. But who knows.

1 Like

Like I get why you’d want to put her on the episodes where the movie has a woman as lead, but in an ideal world, you just slot her in where it was her turn in the rotation. That way you communicate the truth, which is that she can and will riff any kind of movie and there aren’t ones that are her domain only. At least that’s what I would do with her first appearance on the show proper. After that, all bets are off.

4 Likes

Yea, I don’t have any fancy explanation or theory for anything, I just wonder if her first episode will be a movie with a female lead. After that, it’s just however it falls with the story line and what not.

1 Like

I don’t know why it occurs to me- especially since I’ve never heard of the movie before a few months ago - but I really want Emily to do Doctor Mordred

2 Likes