If you could add any totally original riff to an episode, what would it be?

For me I’d add a riff to The Incredible Melting Man and when Ted Nelson confronts the melting man i’d riff, impersonating Dr. Nelson:
“I’m here to help you…but do you have ANY crackers with you? I’d settle for a Ritz!”

3 Likes

When the nerdy brunet guy is forced to leap to his death in Space Mutiny

“Harry Potter— NOOOO!!!”

(Hey, retroactive riffs count, don’t they?)

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that in Swamp Diamonds , the protagonists say “Break out” at least a dozen times before they go, and yet… not even one musical riff from Swing-Out Sister’s inescapable monster hit of 1986: “Breakout.”

I haven’t even heard this in any of the RT ladies’ riffs, and they clearly have a big thing for 1980s pop hits. [sulks]

Anyway, I’d add it to S.D. incessantly until I finally had my robot arm torn off. Could work in Red Zone: Cuba too in which case my fate is to be hurled across the theater. But I ain’t a-scared. I will “…lay down the law and shout out for more!” So there!

:musical_note: Da-da-da-da-DAH-DAH… :musical_note:

[ETA- If I’m skirting the bounds of “original,” here I’m sorry. I assume that it means, “A riff they never did on the show.” :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

In “What To Do On a Date” there is a clip of the catcher throwing to second in a baseball game. The correct riff would be, “And Nick is called out at second base.”

3 Likes

In Hamlet, when Hamlet enthusiastically greets Horatio, a “You magnificent bastard!” should be added (Horatio was portrayed by the same actor who was Rommel in Patton).

2 Likes

[the title GORGO appears onscreen]

Mike as Torgo: “ThE mAsTeR wOuLd NoT aPpRoVe…”

3 Likes