If you could have dinner with any Gamera opponent, who would it be?

YOUR QUESTION:
We’ve seen a few interactions with Gamera himself already, including an interview with Kenny Dr. Donna St. Phibes. But like Batman, the villains are what makes it worth watching. If you could have dinner with any Gamera opponent, who would it be?

NAME TO CREDIT:
Dr. Phantom

HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT:
Dok-Tor Fan-Tum

2 Likes

It has to be Guiron, right? Steak knife a little dull? Well, you’ve got a friend who can help you out!

6 Likes

Couldn’t Gaos (Gyaos?) cut the food with its’ lasers?

3 Likes

Sure, if you want it well done.

2 Likes

Zigra, because if things don’t go well when you’re dining with a giant fish, you have a new main course right there.

3 Likes

Does the woman helping Zigra in Gamera vs Zigra count?

The woman helping Zigra is a brainwashed astronaut from the moon colony. I don’t think she counts as an antagonist.

But the two Japanese alien women from Atlanta who control Guiron… Those are definitely opponents. And I’m already bald. Easier to share a table with them, given we’re on the same scale. I have a feeling Gaos is a messy eater, and Barugon freezes everything. More to the point, they’re the last remnants of a highly advanced alien civilization, so I bet there would be a lot to talk about. Oh, and their technology can read your mind to produce exactly the food you’re craving, and have it taste just as good as Mom made it.

3 Likes

Oh! There’s also the RL kid who won the contest to design a new character to star in an upcoming movie, only the studio realized too late that basing an entire movie on a kid’s crayon drawing wouldn’t sell too many tickets, so Gamera found himself playing second fiddle to a grinning nightmare robot from a kid’s crayon drawing and, to make matters worse, it was named Jet Jaguar. Despite it having no jets and no cat-like features.

Now, that kid is a real* Gamera opponent. And I bet he’s still around. An elderly Japanese man who probably has some interesting stories. I don’t know his name, but I think it would be cool to have dinner with him.

*In both senses of the word.

invite kenny so he can explain your dinner choices repeatedly

1 Like

Jet Jaguar’s from Godzilla vs. Megalon, but otherwise your concept is sound.

And I think the weirdly dubbed Guiron women would be ordering your brain for their main course, so that might get awkward.

We’ll allow it, but she’s stuck in evil mode, so you’ll probably spend the entire meal paralyzed listening to her monologueing.

2 Likes