If you were an experiment...

So this was a discussion over on the KS comments but I thought it would be nice to have it here as well for more discussion.

If you were the experiment of the Mads (of your chosing) what colour jumpsuit would you wear? What name would you go by and why?

So I’d have Turquoise and I’d adopt the moniker
Taylor Rickman. Taylor because its my second name and my first just doesn’t sound “cool and spacey” enough and Rickman after the much beloved and missed Alan Rickman who found himself kidnapped into space during Galaxy Quest and who was “so depressed” as Marvin The Paranoid Android in the, admittedly not great, HHGTTG film

7 Likes

My color would be green or silver.

Stick with my first name, Peter. And my last name would be Guerino. A family name from my dad’s side of the family.

2 Likes

My jumpsuit would be red, and I’d go by Caitlin Weaver, as a nod to Sigourney.

I would go with Caitlin Straczynski, but that would be cruel. :wink:

4 Likes

My jumpsuit would be pink (my favorite color)

As for my first name, it’s Hana (my real name). My last name would be Aran, a nod to Samus Aran from Metroid.

2 Likes

David Hansen. “David” for David Bowman from 2001, and Hansen as a tribute to Beck. And it retains the -en sound which is traditional for MST3K hosts for some reason.

Oh, and my jumpsuit would be whatever color they have in my size.

2 Likes

My jumpsuit would be black and my name would be Sara Kerrigan.

3 Likes

Emerald green jumpsuit because that’s my favorite color and my name would be Blast Hardcheese. The real ones know why. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Daniel Bowman – my own first name, and Bowman from 2001: A Space Odyssey. Charcoal gray jumpsuit, with a tiedye showing at the neck.

3 Likes

I’d like a burgundy/wine colored jumpsuit, or purple. I’d go by Reid (middle name) Fisher (because Space Mom).

5 Likes

A Wine colored jumpsuit and I’d go by Scarlett Wine :wine_glass:

4 Likes

My jumpsuit would have to be purple. Sticking with the tradition of the last name of an action/SF star with an “on” ending I might take Theron. Meta Theron? I could do worse.

3 Likes

Probably Gorgo

3 Likes

I’d use “Brody.”

or, if you want

(The “Raiders” version, not the babbling dunderhead from “Last Crusade”)

As for color, I guess I’d go with khaki since that’s what the Chief wore. Maybe with a black t-shirt visible at the collar for a little “Ghostbusters” nod.

4 Likes

**** Grant. My own first name, and Grant for Alan Grant, Sam Neill’s character in Jurassic Park. One of my favorite movie characters ever. (Or possibly Carter for Alan Carter, fave character from Space: 1999; I like Alans, okay!?)

My best color is hunter green, but my favorite color is blue, so whichever color is less associated with Mike Nelson, I’ll take. Don’t wanna horn in on his territory! :laughing: Dark purple is a secondary option.

Dang it. Now I want to design a mission patch for myself!

6 Likes

Plaid for the Mighty Mighty Bosstones or black & white for 2 Tone.
:postal_horn:
I’d like Nelson since that’s my Atomic Veteran Grandfather and my Father’s middle name but that’s taken so I would take Smith instead. Jon Smith for that and in honor of the Challenger crew.

2 Likes

I chose Howard Quatermass and an indigo jumpsuit during the campaign as my first choice, and that combo remains my fave. I do like Howard Forbin as well, but that’s more of a Mads name.

3 Likes

I have a nickname from my twenties - Cheech.

For a surname, well, whatever skills I might possess for an apocalyptic world I learned from numerous viewings of Planet Of The Apes, The Omega Man and Soylent Green. Heston is out which leaves Taylor, Neville and Thorn (his characters from that trio of movies)

I like Thorn, but Neville…he drove fast, saved the humans and spent time with a totally groovy Rosalind Cash. I’d like to tap into that kind of mojo.

Cheech Neville and I think that I’d opt for a khaki jumpsuit.

6 Likes

Neville is an ace choice, I mooted that one myself in the KS too. A fan of both the original novel and Omega Man.

The last name from your username here is great choice as well, given the influence of Silent Running on Joel’s vision for the show. I feel a bit nostalgic for the days when there were far fewer sci-fi films; each one seemed to mean so much more because of the scarcity.

3 Likes

I’d go with a bright red jumpsuit and Griffin (my surname) Quill (as in Peter Quill). I would have lots of mixtapes and royally f* up quite a few situations with my acerbic wit (ie - I have a tendency to be a sometimes funny a-hole though I’m trying to tone down the a-holiness.)

3 Likes

You just had to say ‘mission patch’… well, here would be mine. :smiley:
MSTMissionPatch

8 Likes