I'll Admit... [Old Thread]

Thank you, I needed to see that sort of kindness on the internet today. MST has the best fans out there.

7 Likes

i understand where you’re coming from. yes, we’re not entitled to details around people’s personal lives and decisions, but given the history of hollywood if someone suddenly leaves a production i’m going to assume it’s something BAD. hoping it was just creative differences…

6 Likes

That’s the thing, I don’t want to assume anything. Sometimes the scenarios the mind creates can be much worse than the truth. I’m not looking for the crew to air out every behind the scenes detail of what happened, I’m just more hoping to know whether or not things were left on good or bad terms.

5 Likes

I’m not sure how it’s any of our business, especially given the very abrupt circumstances. What exactly would prying into it prove?

2 Likes

We all know Nate mysteriously disappeared after he did one-too-many Ed Wynn impressions around Emily. The two were last seen together, but Emily insists “I don’t know, one moment he was here and the next he was gone! It’s almost like he vanished into thin air and it’s totally not suspicious of me at all.” every time she’s asked.

6 Likes

Again, I do not want to pry into anything, nor do I think going after the crew or Nate himself for answers is the solution. I was just expressing how the whole situation made me personally feel very uneasy.

I knew Ed Wynn would get the better of us all in the end.

Yeah, y’know? Sometimes it’s all right to just say, “I’ve got this feeling, I don’t expect that there’s anything that can be done to resolve it, but knowing that doesn’t make the feeling go away. It’s just this feeling I’ve got, and I’m going to say it out loud to try and get it out of my head for a while.”

I have the same sort of vague unease. I never saw Nate live, I was looking forward to seeing him and the rest of the pre-pandemic live crew do a full proper episode together, and the very abrupt change can’t help but leave lingering questions.

But I’m just going to have to put that thought away, and maybe I’ll live to read Nate’s big tell-all about how his home planet suddenly summoned him back because they needed him to save them from the Insectidrones of Altair V and his regret that he couldn’t be in a puppet show back on Earth.

5 Likes

THIS. I just really needed to let people know that this was bothering me. I think it would bother me even more if I didn’t say anything.

5 Likes

4 Likes

There was no monster.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Since he left part way through the season, they probably redubbed everything to keep some continuity. Changes between seasons is one thing, but randomly switching mid season might be harder to do.

1 Like

Wish Nate all the best. He was great on the live tours. I was definitely looking forward to hearing him bring crow to life tonight… But a few mins in and I’m digging “new-crow”! As always, well done MST3K! Keep up the fun riffs❤️

2 Likes

As the person who started this particular thread just to vent about some pre-episode jitters regarding Nate’s departure, the amount of hate I am seeing thrown Kelsey’s way in the chat just as the episode is starting is staggering and disgusting. I would honestly think that a fandom like this would get used to voices getting swapped around, but apparently there are still some people out there stuck in 1990 and don’t want to see any change. Grow up people. This is already an absolutely fantastic episode, and some of y’all need to get over yourselves.

8 Likes

Yea I’m not liking the new crows voice either, just doesn’t feel right and is high pitched.

4 Likes

Someone didn’t read my whole message.

3 Likes

I honestly didn’t know he was gone until I tuned in just now.

I’m not disappointed because the episode is still funny and I saw Kelsey do Crow on the tour (Nate was Servo) so I’m used to it.

I do share your sense of “unease” but I think I’m just curious more than anything - but not curious enough to seek out answers because I don’t think there will be any.

But this is the internet. Anyone is free to assume anything - but that’s all they are. Assumptions.

2 Likes

Just saying I don’t like it, nothing against anyone. Just not my style. Just like people like Trace over Bill or vice versa.

3 Likes

I was referring more to the fact that you said “either”, when nobody in this particular thread has expressed a dissatisfaction with Kelsey as Crow before.

I hope wherever Nate is that hes doing well - i loved his ed wynn impression

3 Likes