"I'll have what I'm having!" The adult beverages thread!

I finally (after 5 months) got around to straining and bottling my blackcurrant brandy (regular brandy + sugar + homegrown blackcurrants + time). This time around, I took the time and effort to use coffee filters. It’s so pretty and pretty tasty.

9 Likes

Definitely works better than a sock…

2 Likes

I bet it tastes better than Lowenbrau.

Lowenbrau??

2 Likes

Well, this board IS kind of special…

2 Likes

I’m alone for a week (my wife and daughter are staying an extra week visiting her family; I flew home last night) and had to get groceries this morning and got a hankering for a rum and coke. Grabbed a 12 pack of vanilla coke and then went to the liquor store up the street (lived here 6 years and never been in before) and asked for a rum recommendation. Came home with a bottle of Plantation 3 Stars, which they informed me was much better than Captain Morgan (almost visibly restraining themselves from spitting on the floor at the mention). So now I’m enjoying a mid day tipple.

6 Likes

I did enjoy a few sips of a good Sauvignon Blanc at the neighbors’ cookout last night.

And we finally got to our birthday-dinner-for-two last Saturday, and I had some fantastic Cotes Du Rhone.

The rest of the time it’s been dry like the desert, though. (I’m glad legal weed exists.)

3 Likes

Grrr… wrong thread.

2 Likes

Made some syrups today.

Grenadine:
1 cup pomegranate juice
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp molasses (I didn’t have any pomegranate molasses on hand)
1/2 teaspoon rosewater
1/2 tbsp vodka

Black pepper syrup:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp black pepper corns

So as a result I made a Jack Rose and a Dalmatian. Both are fantastic. Normally I do not like a Jack Rose but it was so very good with this grenadine.

3 Likes

Vesper Martini

3oz 1000 Piers Gin
1oz Berckman’s Vodka
1/2 oz Lillet Blanc
Lemon twist to garnish

4 Likes

The famed Dalmatian

5 Likes

Points for submerged garnish

4 Likes

It doesn’t show up well in the picture but it was a helix. Should have used a clearer drink for it, but thought I’d try something different than a grapefruit wedge.

1 Like

Whiskey sour with touch of Patique cherry liqueur.

2 Likes

Preparing for a little dinner party with my friends Saturday.

2 Likes

I had an alcohol free Guinness last night because I was driving. Not bad, I could tell it was different but it I had been blind tasting and told it was just a different stout I would’ve believed it.

3 Likes

I make a different cocktail for my groups DnD campaign and write a bit of a blurb to read at the start. We are running a new campaign starting with the Dragon of Ice Spire.

This is today’s:

Alagondar Lemonade
1.5 oz vodka
1.5 oz black pepper syrup
3 oz lemonade

It’s been a stormy week so come in and dry off in the Icy Spear. It’s summer and time for our seasonal favorite, Lady Alagondar’s Lemonade. It’s a potent elixir known for boosting the intrepid adventurer’s immunity. Frost lemons picked from the hills surrounding Dragon Barrow are the not so secret ingredient. Spiked with black dragon syrup and a touch of our “little water,” this drink is a perfect blend of sweet, sour, spicy, and stinging. Guaranteed to make your swords glow blue enough to actually take notice. The Alagondar Lemonade is a righteous riff on a riskily ripened citrus raised in rows round the barrow, radiating refreshing and rejuvenating flavors reminiscent of regretful rocks ruining a rangers day. Lemons were plentiful this year so raise one or more glasses to that fearsome dragon slayer, Lady Tanomere.

2 Likes