I'll watch any movie with _____ in it

Fill in the blank. It can be an actor (“Jeffrey Combs”), a theme (“kaiju”), a stylistic element (“a Big Band soundtrack”), or just a thing you love (“cat butts”).

Have at!

9 Likes

Gene Hackman’s good in anything.

9 Likes

I literally just came here to say Gene Hackman.

After him? Jimmy Stewart.

10 Likes

Cynthia Rothrock.

8 Likes

Where actresses are concerned? Ingrid Bergman.

5 Likes

Yes and Katherine Hepburn as well

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s really hard to go wrong with a Kate Hepburn movie.

4 Likes

Which makes you have to add Spencer Tracey :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Okay, I’ll give a serious non-MST3K answer. I’ll watch any movie with James Mason. I’d listen to that man read a newspaper.

6 Likes

Which is a brilliant bit of strategy!

Ooh… good choice there!

3 Likes

To take this outside of performers as answers… I’ll watch any movie with zombies.

I’m not saying that I’m a scholar of zombie filmdom, but if you put a zombie movie in front of me, I’ll gleefully watch it.

5 Likes

I’ll watch just about anything with Gene Tierney or Vincent Price. And I have a soft spot for appearances by Adrienne Barbeau and Ray Milland.

6 Likes

I trust you’ve seen the 2 (wish there were more) wonderful Dr. Phibes movies from Vincent Price.

9 Likes

I have indeed, and can think of no other actor carrying that role with the same sinister aplomb. He’s brilliant in all the Corman adaptations of Poe, too.

5 Likes

For Crow T Robot I have to add anything with Kim Cattrall

6 Likes

Having come of age in the 1970s, I’m sort of the same with “devil worshippers”. So many great (and greatly cheesy) occult flicks from that era. They are like comfort food to me.

3 Likes

I love the first Dr. Phibes movie, but the second was not so great IMO.

3 Likes

Another answer from me would be “unresolved ambiguity”. But it has to be done right.

4 Likes

Bruce Campbell holding up a margarita

16 Likes

Some have been mentioned already but for me:

Jackie Chan
Bill Murray
Boris Karloff
James Stewart
Vincent Price
Saoirse Ronan

8 Likes