I'm an official Beta Tester for the Gizmoplex theater!!

I backer 51, so it seems these aren’t related to backer number. Probably still just beta testers.

3 Likes

I believe you had to “sign up” at some point a few months ago to be a beta tester, but I think it was only offered to people who were backers. Here’s what makes me believe they’re sending beta tester invites in the order of sign-up.

2 Likes

We’ve now invited everyone who volunteered for the beta test, and are starting with backers who didn’t volunteer tomorrow. Apologies for the unclear communication on my part!

12 Likes

I have seen the angry visage of ticket master Crow. I also found my plaque in the backer room. Kinda wondering how the backer numbers are calculated, though. Looks like the numbers start over 23 million.

7 Likes

If they really wanted to drive people crazy, they’d have run the backer numbers through a hashing function first. The resulting order would then have absolutely no bearing upon the backer number. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Temporary numbers. Real ones coming later this week once we finish building a better interface for redeeming member passes so people don’t get so confused!

7 Likes

Ivan, you’re a lifesaver to all of us.

10 Likes

Thanks Ivan didn’t mean to get people stirred up I was just happy to be invited!

3 Likes

I got my email last night! Really love the concept behind the Gizmoplex theater and can’t wait to use it!

3 Likes

Amen.

This sentiment deserves to be echoed more, with all the incredible and dedicated work that Ivan’s put into all of this.

6 Likes

Is it too late to sign up for Beta testing? I missed that memo at some point and have deep regerts.

2 Likes

We’ve got Beta testing sign !

3 Likes

Still waiting on mine, but hey, there’s a lot of us to get through so no worries.

(big brown puppydog eyes) (*blink*) (*blink*)

4 Likes

Ivan,
I received my invite for the beta, however it’s set up with my other email address. I’m leery of changing my vhx account as I think it might screw up all of my links and such.
Is there any way to switch my invite address?

Thanks,
Bob

3 Likes

I am also a Beta Tester! Welcome to the testing! =)

4 Likes

Congrats! Color me jealous

2 Likes

Not as of now, but you CAN change your own VHX account address.

Just go here and update it to what you’d like it to be. If it matches the pre-approved address on the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater website, it should link up just fine.

2 Likes

The other email is one I don’t use much (and don’t know how it got associated) and I’m thinking that it will screw up all of my links and access from other devices, such as my firestick (which already has issues with changing videos and exiting). So I guess I’ll just stick to the gizmoplex access as it is and not get the other features.
Curious that there’s no way to change it

1 Like

when I got the invite, at the top it had my google email, which was strange since I don’t use that much, and never for anything MST related (so how they got that, Lord knows)… but down the page there was a place to enter an email, and there I entered my usual one, the one I used for the Kickstarter and VHX. And it was accepted and linked up just fine.

So am I. My Bestie back in Colorado runs a sign shop.

9 Likes