Images of your favorite Emily moments?

I have a bunch of blank MST3K sketch cards, and this weekend I’m going to my first big(ish) comic con since the pandemic started.

There’s going to be an Archie artist there, and I thought it would be fun to get a sketch of Emily in the classic Archie style. I figured I would take some reference, but the internet isn’t giving me too many options for Emily.

Anyone willing to post some screen grabs of their favorite Emily moments for inspiration?

4 Likes

how about this:

6 Likes

The selection is obviously a little limited right now, but her flailing at “we got movie sign” might be a good one.

5 Likes

there’s a split second when she’s hopping off the apple boxes stage left following the movie sign panic

photo text GIF

2 Likes

Since it’s for a con, how about one from another con.

9 Likes

Mech hands!

6 Likes

11 Likes

And here’s some flail…

Sadly a bit blurry.

9 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I got sketch cards at a con today by Dan Parent of Archie Comics, and Phil Hester of a bunch of great stuff.

9 Likes

Those look fantastic, and hopefully Emily can one day make a cameo appearance in an Archie comic, I mean that would be the coolest, right? (that, and Emily as a Simpon’s character)

4 Likes

MST3K has a rich history of game show host segments, and it’s great that Emily could get in on the fun.

“Saved by Intermission, Lamby!”

7 Likes

Taken from the Vault Picks Synthia’s Selects outro for one of May’s roundup episodes, The Beginning of the End.

10 Likes

And here are screengrabs from the GizmoBlips™ found in May’s Vault Picks:

Emily and the Bots dealing with a critter infestation in The Killer Shrews.

Emily telling a pirate adventure anedcote in Gamera.

Emily, Crow, and Servo musing on the secret weaknesses of various monsters in Werewolf.

EDIT: Now with new moments from Doctor Mordrid!

Emily checking to see if roller derby names have been taken.

This week’s Invention Exchange, the Gilbert & Sulli-phone.

Servo’s standup act leaves the gang in stitches.

The landlord magician’s amnesia spell. “Only in New York!”

The bowling pin predicament.

Crow and GPC2 have a backstory war as Emily talks with Servo. “Shimmy hypnotize!”

The Arrangers vs. Professor Cuttlefish!

7 Likes

Before she realizes her fate…

4 Likes

Yeah this is my answer. I love that nobody told her to tone it down on the movie sign stuff!

4 Likes

My favourite part about the Avengers sketch is she’s the aunt playing with the kids. The kids all pick their roles, so she has to be the bad guy. And she just accepts it, no ego.

4 Likes

Mmhmm. And it’s fantastic.

There’s a genuinely giddy silly energy about it, a kind of energy that comes from an authentic place, and that’s something amazing to witness.

5 Likes

I wish we could see that selfie!

5 Likes

Oh, for real. It would be one for the books, no?

3 Likes

LOVED the banter there between Emily and Synthia.

3 Likes