Impractical Invention Exchange Ideas

Do you have ideas for an Invention Exchange that would be too large for an episode of MST3K? I think this topic works best when the Invention idea is impractical from showing on the show either because it is too expensive or because it is just too large.

Something like this:
You know about chocolate covered strawberries, well how about chocolate covered cars? When you get hungry for a dessert and you’re stuck in traffic, you could just peel off some of the chocolate and voila! Insty-dessert!

What do you think, Sirs?

3 Likes

I don’t think mine are unworkable, but they’re not going to happen either. The first one I sent to the team before realising that they probably already get an overload of unsolicited submissions. So I’ll just share them here instead.

Mads Invention #1: Bulkteria

Kinga: “Did you know that a significant portion of the human body is actually bacteria?”
Max: “That’s right! On average, each person contains eight pounds of bacteria.”
Kinga: “We thought, why not make it more?”
[unveiling]
Kinga: “Introducing Bulk-teria! The product that helps you put on mass through bacteria.”
Max: “Bulk-teria is a microbial solution for the hard-gainer. Go from scrawny to studly with the magic of rampant bacteria growth!”
Kinga: (starts to reel off the book-length side-effects)
[cut to SOL]
Jonah: “Huh. So, like, what happens if you keep using it until more than half your body weight is bacteria?”
Crow: “That’s easy, then the bacteria are legally a person.”
Tom: “But you’re not.”

Mads Invention #2: Stilsocks

Kinga: “What’s the hardest part of exercising?”
Max: “All of it?”
Kinga: “It’s staying hydrated.”
Max: “That’s right! It’s so important to replenish all that water you sweat out.”
Kinga: “And where do you sweat the most? From your feet. Introducing…”
[unveil]
Kinga: “Stilsocks! Using the same concept as the stilsuit worn by the Fremen of Arrakis, stilsocks capture and store the sweat from your feet.”
Max: “And with this handy tube running from the stilsocks, you can take a refreshing drink at any time!”
[Max sips from tube]
Max: “Mmm, that’s hydrating! And with piquant notes of gouda and cotton.”
Kinga: “Stilsocks! Because the taste of feet can’t be beat!”
[cut to SOL]
Tom: “Jonah, just think of the savings if we got you those.”
Crow: “Yeah, and with the leftover sweat we could restore the Aral Sea!”

6 Likes

You can just use scaled-down prototype chocolate cars :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I am SOOOO happy you have this thread - I’ve got a million of them (well, maybe about a dozen or so…) I’m not a builder, but through the magic of Photoshop Elements I’ve been able to pull a few things out of the cobwebbed corners of my mind and well, here’s a little something I call “The Mowman”…

3 Likes

Chocolate Hotwheels!

2 Likes

Any of you seen this guy?

2 Likes

Real Life Video Game UI Huds. It’s just multiple toolbelts that wrap around your person and carry so many weapons/ammo/various useful items to the point it’s basically impossible to use any of them effectively. Extra pockets for all the stat boosting items you’ll never use but want to hang on to “just in case”

4 Likes

If I may, here’s another little something I’ve concocted in my lab… I call it, the tarantulamb…
Tarantulamb
Scientist have for years been very interested in the amazing strength of spider silk. I’ve crossed bred a tarantula with a lamb that knits that very same super strong silk into warm comfy sweaters so strong that might even be bullet proof (warning - may not be bullet proof).

2 Likes

And as if that weren’t enough (yes, I know that was more than enough), I give you “Bicycle Pumps!” For the High-Fashioned-Health-Concious Girl-on-the-Go (willikers that’s alot of hyphens). Detaches and re-attaches to the bike in just a number of blinks of an eye, with nothing more than a toolbox. Go from the trail to the runway nearly instantly-ish (damn, another pesky hyphen…)

2 Likes

@Llewellyn Keep it up! We almost have enough to get our own Deep level at Gizmonics! :grinning:

2 Likes

Have I mentioned the GRASSHOPPOPOTAMUS?..

Nations will quake and every world leader will want their very own army of these delightfully whimsical nightmarish mutations! Literally crush your enemies as these majestic beasts leap into the air only to belly-flop upon all who oppose you. I’ll be taking orders immediately, minimum one dozen per despot,

2 Likes

Standing on the footsteps of giants and taking a page out of the playbook that gave us the crazes of interior plumbing and wired subscription television, I give you:
Cable Milk!
Why go to to the store over and over and over again and risk spilling your unwieldy container when you can have farm-fresh vitamin-rich Cable Milk! pumped through a long buried tube right into your home today?
Cable Milk!

2 Likes

Pretty brilliant - I can totally see Dr. F. loading up Frank with more and more til he collapses under the weight of it all!

3 Likes

Here’s another little invention to brighten your Mondays - I just know everyone’s gonna want one of these…

2 Likes

Say - here’s something fun I created a while back… I’ve noticed that some people like to listen to music to help them sleep. Many of these same people enjoy the camping-out. Now I’ve combined the two with my new “Sleeping-Bag Pipes!” As you climb inside this warm and comfortable sleeping bag, every move you make reproduces the plaintive notes and bleats of that beloved traditional Scottish musical instrument. Your own bodyweight combined with nature’s own gravity makes it work. Invite your friends camping and pretend you’re sleeping on the Scottish Moors (“Say - is that the Hound of the Baskervilles I hear howling out there?”). Comes in a variety of color including tartan and plaid (warning: may attract wolves).

1 Like

Saaaayyyy, here’s something fun… a little something I like to call Teacup Farm Animals. Yes, I’ve combined adorable and edible to bring you the Teacup Hog, Teacup Turkey, and Teacup Veal Calf. A new “best friend” just for you, that you can tote around with you everywhere! You’ll be the envy of all your friends & it’s the perfect “on-the-go” meal you’ll really enjoy - …(the idea came to me when I spotted Paula Deen devouring one of her dogs one day). Here is an actual unretouched photo of Paris Hilton enjoying her Teacup Moo-Cow…
Teacup Veal Calf

2 Likes

Hotdog flavored seasoning.

Chicken, beef, salads, ice cream or pies; you can add that unique hotdog taste to anything.

3 Likes

But does it come with the pink heels?

3 Likes

It IS the pink heels :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :crazy_face: :rofl: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes