Improve a movie by recasting an actor with the same actor from a different movie

It’s a simple game:

Improve a movie by replacing any one actor (or actors…?) with the same actor playing a role from another one of their movies.

For example:

Pirates of the Caribbean, but Johnny Depp is still playing Edward Scissorhands.

John Wick, but Keanu Reeves is just bumbling, goofy Ted “Theodore” Logan.

Fair warning, I think my wife’s entry is hard to beat:

Multiplicity, but Michael Keaton keeps making dumber and dumber Batman clones.

3 Likes

I was going to make a joke about Edward Scissorhands swashbuckling with his fingers, but then I thought about how many buckles that dude with the scissors for hands had on his outfit and I just sort of stared off into space for several minutes.

1 Like

So many possibilities to put The Dude from The Big Lebowski into another Jeff Bridges role. I think my favorite would be Starman, with Karen Allen pulling her hair out trying to get a laid-back stoner alien to take being chased by the government seriously.

3 Likes

Has to be said : Robert Pattinsons Batman in Twilight.

3 Likes

Hugh Jackman’s Logan in The Greatest Showman.

“You’ll take 7 percent and like it, bub.”

2 Likes

Same, but either Ed Wood or Sam from Benny and Joon.

2 Likes

I think we all know that Village of the Giants would be a substantially better movie if it had starred Clint Howard.

3 Likes

Icebreaker replacing Matt Foster with Sam Gamgee from Lord of the Rings.

2 Likes

I just learned the other day that Samwise Gamgee’s adoptive father was the original Gomez Addams.

I don’t know how this affects anything, but I feel like more people need to know it.

2 Likes

John Astin, who also played the Riddler once on TV’s Batman. Talk about a weird family tree.

But, Sean was adopted.

3 Likes

Christian Bale’s impersonation of Robert DeNiro in American Hustle in any of his Batman movies. Not as Bruce Wayne, only as Batman.

2 Likes

And the title character from North (the movie that prompted Roger Ebert’s infamous “I hated this movie!” rant) as Frodo.

2 Likes