In memoriam…

A catch-all topic for recent deaths relatively (and, perhaps, not-so-relatively) relevant to all things MST3K.

6 Likes
17 Likes

Sigh… A huge loss. My thoughts and best wishes to his family. The man graced us with a rich body of work.

4 Likes

I thought of the same idea for a thread after seeing that news, too. Good on you for following through.

4 Likes

Yeah, it struck me the same way — that a central obituary topic might be useful, because Mr. Stockwell certainly isn’t going to be the last. :cry:

5 Likes

I once stood in the elevator bay of the DragonCon Marriott with Dean Stockwell, watching a squad of Stargaters wrestle a huge inflated T-Rex onto an elevator. Then we just looked at each other and grinned. Not a word, but I’ll remember that smile.

Bye, Al. Catch you on the next Leap.

16 Likes

Married To The Mob is an underrated mob comedy.

“I loved you like a father.”
"You disappointed the hell out of me.

RIP

3 Likes

I didn’t see him in much besides Quantum Leap but I loved how he played the role of Al, switching from goofy to serious in a moment. I’ll never forget the Halloween episode where he was basically the devil. He terrified me.

5 Likes

In Battlestar Galactica he managed to have one of the real stand out performances in a show filled with outstanding performances. Charismatic and chilling, that role shaped how I’ve seen him in everything else and allowed me to appreciate his talent and versatility.

This really is a loss of someone who’s done a lot of great work as a supporting cast member.

2 Likes

That is an awesome memory. As a huge Quantum Leap fan, reading that just put a smile on my own face. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

The Boy with the Green Hair is quite charming.

5 Likes

another TV show that NEEDS a good conclusion. even in animated form.
sigh. QL was a big influence growing up and I loved al.

1 Like

My first thought was that the world has lost The Boy With Green Hair.
And that made me so very sad.

3 Likes

Half an hour ago, I unfortunately found out that Winter, the dolphin with a missing tail at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, and the star of the movie Dolphin Tale, has left us due to an infection.

2 Likes

My heart is crushed in a vise at this news. My favorite Monkee, and a true trailblazer in his own right. Off to the Circle Sky, Mike…fare thee well. :weary:

12 Likes

Mike Nesmith was a great comedian as well as a great musical performer. I highly recommend finding a copy of Elephant Parts. The pirate alphabet sketches alone are worth it.

Also, his mother invented liquid paper.

5 Likes

Oh, he also produced Repo Man, so we have him to thank for it.

11 Likes
6 Likes

My favorite Monkee.

4 Likes

RIP author Anne Rice.

3 Likes