In memoriam…

Did someone call for a highly trained archaeologist?

9 Likes

We usually recover them here, but that’s usually because someone wants to build something where they are. Quite a few get reburied elsewhere, and even when they aren’t the storage rooms are pretty much just climate-controlled ossuaries. Lots of them are consecrated.

4 Likes

Yeah, sorry, I meant taking and keeping them.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Oh, no! He was a terrific artist. He had a unique style that didn’t feel out of place with the general aesthetic of 90s comics but also didn’t fall into the excesses that many artists of the day did.

In addition to his superhero work, he was also a frequent contributor to the “Big Book Of…” series from DC’s short-lived Paradox Press imprint.

It’s a darn shame he didn’t get to see the Valiant Adventures RPG from Green Ronin and see a brand new audience get introduced to Quantum & Woody.

1 Like

Lou Conter has passed.

Who was Lou, you ask? He was the last remaining survivor of the USS Arizona and was 102 years old.

11 Likes

Joe Flaherty from SCTV has died at 82

R.I.P. Count Floyd

Ehcpl-1540514985-Count Floyd

23 Likes

Nooooo… stop dying, people!

7 Likes

Oh no! He was my favorite on SCTV too!

I also loved that he got to reprise Count Floyd as live action segments in the so-so Ed Grimley cartoon.

6 Likes

“EARL! What are you doing???”

3 Likes

Kinda sorta on Freaks and Geeks too.
freaksgeekshallow

10 Likes

Oh no! My favorite vampire :sob::sob:

Blockquote

14 Likes

Artist Richard Serra has died.

his work isn’t my cup of tea, but he was quite renowned.

2 Likes

This one hurts. :cry:

3 Likes

Joe was also great in the highly underrated Maniac Mansion.

6 Likes

Oh no! He was great. Firing Line hosted by Count Floyd and the Pittsburgh Midget discussing 3-D Midnight Cowboy starring Dr. Tongue and Bruno on the last episode of Network 90 was a roughly 30-minute stream of brilliance.

7 Likes

John Sinclair, Former MC5 Manager and Counterculture Activist

3 Likes

Oh, good, I’m not the only one who remembers that show.

Another underrated Flaherty performance? As one half of the Sleaze Brothers, the evil carnies who want to kidnap Big Bird and make him the star of their crummy circus.

8 Likes
5 Likes

Hadn’t thought of him for a while, but I had an acting class years ago where I did a monologue from “Laughing Wild”

RIP to a very funny dude

6 Likes