In memoriam…

Extremely funny. RIP.

1 Like

That’s too bad.

When my wife was a senior in high school, she got to direct a play. She chose For Whom the Southern Belle Tolls, a parody of The Glass Menagerie that Durang wrote. This was in the 1990s and the play has a very clear (although, granted, not overt) gay subtext, but the principal read it, said he thought it was really funny, and let her put it on.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Keith LeBlanc, drummer with Grandmaster Flash, Tackhead etc.

2 Likes

Today is the anniversary of the deaths of both Kurt Cobain (1994) and Layne Staley (2002)

5 Likes

I had never realized until recently that R.E.M.'s “Let Me In” was a tribute to Kurt, and they recorded the song with his guitar, how they got it, I don’t know. The song is hauntingly powerful, unless you’re not a fan of Stipe’s voice.

6 Likes

I did not know that either! A new layer to that song.

1 Like

B-b-b-baby! Don’t treat me bad!

2 Likes

Peter Higgs, the theoretical physicist who first proposed what came to be nicknamed “the God Particle” (something he despised) and was confirmed almost half a century later, has died.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-nobel-prize-winning-physicist-peter-higgs-dies-aged-94-2024-04-09/

9 Likes

Legendary underground comix creator Trina Robbins has died.

6 Likes

Funny thing. I’ve never had a theory about a particle. I do have a shop vac though

1 Like

O.J.Simpson.

4 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/oj-simpson-former-nfl-star-acquitted-his-wifes-murder-has-died-his-family-says-2024-04-11/

Ninja’ed!

3 Likes

OJ Simpson has passed away.

Goodbye GIF

6 Likes

MOD HAT:

Yes, OJ Simpson has died. We all know how fraught this news is, and we’re asking everyone to stay cool when talking about this subject.

In other words, don’t freak out. Thank you.

Respectfully,
Your Mods Who Don’t Want To Have To Start Drinking Before Noon

13 Likes

yes-very-sad-anyway-loki-sad

7 Likes

It’s noon o’clock somewhere!

10 Likes

Is saying ‘good riddance’ freaking out? Because that’s my only comment.

9 Likes

Never heard of him.

:kissing: ~~~ :notes:

5 Likes

Norm Macdonald GIF

8 Likes