In memoriam…

She’s immortalised on our shower curtain.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Turner Classic Movies tribute.

11 Likes
6 Likes

Alas!

2 Likes

I just learned that author Alice Munro died on the 13th.

7 Likes

Corman receiving his Oscar (which should have been at the main awards, doggone it!)

4 Likes
13 Likes

Bummer. I was a huge fan of his sitcom “Buffalo Bill” and he killed it in “War Games”

2 Likes

Oh, that’s a really sad one. I’ve just been rewatching Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, where he was wonderful too. I think that was the first place most people really took note of him.

2 Likes

That’s a bummer, he killed it in 9 to 5, but for this 80’s kid, Cloak and Dagger takes the cake. What a loss…

3 Likes

I just learned about this today, although she passed away last month –

3 Likes

Dabney Coleman played the complete A-hole so well. Sorry he’s gone.

5 Likes

I’m a fan that mainly lurks on this forum, but yes, this passing really hit me. Alice Munro is my all time favorite writer, and has been a huge inspiration and influence on me. I think my favorite collection is “The Love of a Good Woman”, or maybe “Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage,” or “Open Secrets.” Or, really, any of them.

4 Likes

I read Munro for the first-time last year because of this thread…

The stories I read were incredible, I need to get back to her

1 Like

Many great Dabney Coleman moments, but I’ll admit one of the first things I thought of is him getting chased by Animal in The Muppets Take Manhattan. “BAD MAN! BAD MAN!”

8 Likes

Dabney Coleman was also great as the evil boss in 9 to 5.

5 Likes

I also remembered today that he was Mr. Drysdale in the Beverly Hillbillies movie. A fine performance, but admittedly one easily overshadowed by everyone else who absolutely killed it in that movie, like Cloris Leachman as Granny.

4 Likes

Don’t forget his turn as “Jerry Caesar” in Dragnet (1987).

5 Likes

Who can forget that lisp?

6 Likes