In memoriam…

In general, if there’s an MST3K riff on it, that’s what my mind goes to first.

3 Likes

Same. I see Brophy and my mind immediately goes to Trophy. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Back on-topic, a western I liked and remember him in was the Long Riders (1980), the gimmick on that one was that it was about brothers, played by brothers. The Quaid’s played the Millers, Christopher Guest and his brother Nicholas played the Fords, the Keach’s played Frank and Jessie James, the 3 Carradine’s played the Younger’s. Brophy was not a brother - but did play John Younger.

Note: Spoilers in vid

2 Likes

Willie Mays, the greatest player I ever saw

20 Likes

A true legend - loved Willie

4 Likes

I just got home and am watching the Mets game on delay. I just realized the news about Willie is going to break during the game. He was a big part of New York baseball history and the Mets (along with the Giants, of course) retired his number. I expect things are about to get quite emotional as I watch this game.

Willie had already said he wouldn’t be able to make it to the Giants-Cardinals game this week at Rickwood Field, a former Negro League park where he once played. I’m sure the whole thing will now be an even bigger tribute to him than it was already going to be.

7 Likes
18 Likes

NOOOO oh man. I mean I know it has to happen sooner or later but this one feels big.

8 Likes

Don’t Look Now, Ordinary People, MASH, Klute, and so, so many more. He could even take a smaller role, like in Pride & Prejudice, and make it a delight. He’s been around throughout my life, and he’ll be missed - one of the greats. RIP

10 Likes

No, not Jennings! Faber will observe ten days’ mourning.

RIP

5 Likes

To your point:

10 Likes

Boo! Boo!

Everyone should do themselves a favor and find an early movie of his called Castle of the Living Dead, with Christopher Lee. He plays a couple of different characters, and he supposedly named his son Kiefer after the director.

I might have to dig out his episode of The Avengers, which also stars some nobody named Brian Blessed.

14 Likes

I only have one thing to say to whatever ended Donald Sutherland’s life:

15 Likes

I came here to say :arrow_up: was my reaction to the news. I always seem to forget he was in so many movies I enjoyed and it was a delight each time he reappeared.

9 Likes

Donald as Jesus in the disturbing Johnny Got His Gun

Also see that Evans Evans passed a few days ago. Best know for Bonnie and Clyde

‘Bonnie and Clyde’ actress Evans Evans dead at 91 (msn.com)

4 Likes

Finally, a legitimate use for [shudder] AI “artists.”

4 Likes

Did he ever play an eccentric scientist in a movie? He should have as the role suited him…

2 Likes

I heard that Donald Sutherland was kind of a jerk IRL. But then I heard that from Joss Whedon, so grain of salt.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Whatsername from You’ll Never Eat This Town For Lunch Again made a similar assertion. But also, she did a lot of drugs, so… :thinking:

3 Likes