In memoriam…

Damn this one is a little too close for comfort, he wasn’t much older than me. I was just watching the Best of 1993 live video not that long ago. I was a big 120 minutes fan, though I always preferred Matt Pinfield.

4 Likes

The man was literally a game changer. RIP.

11 Likes

Matt’s awesome. He loved my MST3K reference in a reply to him on Twitter a few years ago. I remember him hosting the top 10 of the MTV Top 20 on Fridays before the real show would air a day later. There was a record breaking leap on one episode when Meredith Brooks went from 18 to 3 with you know what.

5 Likes

John Jakes has died at age 90.

He started out as a pulp writer in the 1950s, his main character being a Conan knock-off called Brak the Barbarian. In the 1970s he hit the jackpot with bestselling miniseries fodder such as The Kent Family Chronicles and North and South.

4 Likes

RIP Bobby Caldwell

4 Likes

He wrote that Cetera/Grant duet that hit number one in late 86.

3 Likes

Yes, but I think he can be forgiven for that.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I see Jim Gordon has died. One of the greatest session drummers of the 60s and 70s, member of Derek & the Dominoes and co-writer of “Layla” with Eric Clapton. Developed schizophrenia, murdered his mother in 1983 and spent the rest of his life in prison.

5 Likes

Was that before or after he befriended Batman?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Julian Sands has been missing for more than two months now. I don’t see how it’s possible he’s still alive.

5 Likes

I doubt they are even searching for him at this point. I always liked him, especially his role in Naked Lunch.

4 Likes
8 Likes

FCK FCK F*CK

I loved him in Fringe and TBH he was probably my favorite character in John Wick too. This is NOT OKAY.

8 Likes

He was one of those people you could tell was very smart just from the way he held himself.

10 Likes

Lance Reddick was that rare kind of talent that elevated everything he was in regardless of how big the part was. Even in The Wire, a show full of standout performances his was one of the most memorable. There’s a thread on here for “I’ll watch anything with xxxx in it” and he definitely falls into that category.

By all accounts he was also just a top, top bloke and a thoroughly nice human being so I’m devastated to hear of his passing.

11 Likes

Aw, I really liked him as Broyles in Fringe, he had a distinct voice and delivery (like George Takei) and I was always happy when I’d see him in other series or movies.

9 Likes

Lance Reddick was an absolute JOY to watch in anything he turned his talent to.

Even when he was in smaller productions like Monster Party, he brought 110%, and it was always something fantastic to watch.

And the John Wick movies, I mean, c’mon.

Damn and a half. He’s gonna be hella missed. May he rest in peace.

5 Likes

who will take care of the dog now?!?!?!?!?! :sob:

3 Likes