In search of anyone from Gizmonic Arts/Alternaversal...

Has anyone heard anything from anyone connected with the show in 2024?

The silence is unnerving. Are we just waiting until the Gizmoplex’s hosting plan expires, or it crashes and nobody fixes it?

Is anyone still there?

4 Likes

in best Dr. Frankenstein voice

It’s alive…ALIVE!!!

The Gizmoplex app has continued to be updated, the forum is still running (:wave:), and TPTB did say they were going to take some time this year to reorganize, recuperate, and plan.

And we all know how real life can interfere with, well, everything.

So let’s just be patient and have fun while we pass the time. Wild speculating isn’t an Olympic sport for a reason. :laughing:

16 Likes

I still blame Covid. Or else someone got into a bad can of Hamdingers™.

3 Likes

Is there such a thing as a good can of Hamdingers™?

6 Likes

Well, there go my chances of medaling.

I should probably stop with the extreme training regimen I have been undergoing, but I’ve invested this much time and money in the sport, so why stop now?

4 Likes

There has to be a medal somewhere. Maybe not “wild.”

How about the 800m Freestyle Speculation?

3 Likes

I am totally fine with that, but even a quick email sent out saying something along the lines of, “we haven’t forgotten the fans” every so often would go a very long way, especially after the disastrous fundraiser.

The lack of engagement is really bad, IMO.

8 Likes

I agree 1000%!

To totally leave the fans of your show – and not merely “fans” but the people who actually bankrolled the show’s most recent season – completely in the dark for months at a time is beyond rude. There may not be much they can say but at least a note every 3 or 4 months to say “this is taking longer than we’d hoped, but we remain optimistic about the show’s future” or “we’re having discussions with a possible partner right now. stay tuned” or “things aren’t showing much progress right now. we’re going to take a bit of a hiatus and try again later” – is that too much to ask?

Now I know how those poor shunned raisin snails felt.

5 Likes

Yes, exactly. I could see many fans thinking that they have decided we’re not worth it to them because they didn’t reach the fundraising goal. I hope that’s not the case, but it sure gives that impression.

4 Likes

I’m not offended by the lack of communication because I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. I’m more worried than anything else.

5 Likes

I’m kind of both. It really doesn’t take a big effort to send out a mass email. Like I said, it just has to be along the lines of “we haven’t forgotten you’re out there!” Even if there’s huge trouble they don’t want to discuss that email could still be sent out. Even if there is effectively no more Alternaversal for whatever reason, Joel could send it out.

3 Likes

Of course, if there were no lack of communication, we would know something about what, if anything, is going on behind the scenes.

I’m not actually worried because I have resigned myself to the idea that the show has ended.

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s soon enough to say that. Especially since it’s been brought back from the dead three times now.

But I don’t know that it will happen any time soon. Maybe if Joel hands over the rights to someone else…

2 Likes

I think they will need to partner with someone else, but not surrender legal or creative control.

2 Likes

And if that’s what the goal is, fine. And if that’s what they’re working on now, also fine. Even if they’re not working on anything, it’s fine. Just let us know they remember we exist.

2 Likes

If that’s the case, then we should forget about keeping an eye out for an email announcement and just keep watching the skies for flying pigs.

3 Likes

Pink Floyd is getting back together?

4 Likes

The feelings in this thread are valid, but while I have no idea what Joel is currently up to or why, I can say for the rest of us it was like the plant shut down. So we’re all trying to find work. Which, post-strikes, isn’t easy.

I don’t say this to make people feel bad or even to make people stop talking about this. But the more I read “why don’t they”, the more I felt it necessary to point out the reality. As mentioned above, I don’t know what Joel’s plan is, but I do know all of us who used to be they got to keep the bills paid in the meantime and in between time.

16 Likes

Much of this fandom has always been about a DIY spirit, and that includes promotion. “Keep circulating the tapes/URL” anyone?

Honestly, it’s a daily struggle for me to keep my email box navigable. lol I don’t need constant updates about things that aren’t actually happening yet.

4 Likes

Constant updates aren’t needed, but we haven’t heard anything since Thanksgiving. Mainly I’d like to know if there is still any active attempt to make a season 14 in the near future, or if we should stop holding our breath.

4 Likes