In search of anyone from Gizmonic Arts/Alternaversal...

If they don’t know themselves, there’s little value in them sending us an email to say, Well, we don’t know.

Maybe I’m just a woman out of time. I don’t feel tortured by not being reminded daily of how much I can’t possibly know.

My guess is they are using the streams to try and monitor interest and offer an occasional Hi, how ya’ doin’? If they don’t have a lot of money to work with, that might make the most sense at this point.

3 Likes

At this point, all it would take is a short message from Joel saying “Hey, it’s Joel, I haven’t run off and joined an ashram or anything, I’m still trying to figure out how to get season 14 made, [I have a few ideas and here they are], thanks for your dedication, the Gizmoplex and forum aren’t going away, I’ll let you know when anything important happens.”

(Bracketed text is optional based on whether he does in fact have any ideas or not.)

3 Likes

Joel must know what his plans are. And if he doesn’t, he can say he’s considering things. All he has to do is acknowledge our presence.

1 Like

This thread appears to be running in endless circles.

4 Likes

Again, I just take it on faith that he knows we’re here. I’m really not worried about that.

@EBK At some point, I’m going to just go all in on the very retro Sweet Satisfaction Of Not Needing To Know Every Damn Thing Right Now. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So it goes.

3 Likes

For real, though. I’m exhausted two-thirds of most every week and I’m seven years younger than Joel Hodgson.

He wants a year-long nap? Let him have one, I say. <3 I’ll just go clean the gutters or finally go buy that jaw-harp or something, while I wait.

4 Likes

This one time I waited like 18 years. I kept busy.

9 Likes

But we can’t wait another 18 years, the world will have ended by then!

4 Likes

Jeez, you sound pretty sure.

4 Likes

200w

2 Likes

I honestly haven’t been hyperfocused on S14, especially given on how completely it is not in my hands, but I did have a sad today when I (for a split-second) misread the label on my lunch.

7 Likes

I will be jaw-harping next to my clean and fresh gutters as the missiles find their mark. Or the giant meteor finds it. Whatever.

1 Like

Just call me Doris Day because my mindset is ‘what ever will be will be’.

I don’t know why, but speaking to the fan/entertainment side of it, I’m not really bothered by this silence, not angry, not perplexed or frustrated. Plus, shows come and go all the time, the bonus for we fans is that MST has go’ed a few times and returned a few times. Of course I’d love more seasons, more Emily, and the conversations with you all about those eps, but if it doesn’t happen, it was a good run, got a lot of laughs, had some great times.

I’m in a state of calm however it goes, or whether there’s news or not.

5 Likes

I’d add that I don’t think the fundraiser was really a “disaster.”

The last time anyone paid me for anything creative was $60 for a dusty framed picture that I’d nearly forgotten I’d made. That was in 2018 or '19, I think. I wouldn’t be too proud to take a few hundred $5 pledges right now. Too bad I’m not an entertainer.

1 Like

I haven’t actually commented about the fundraiser since it ended but I really think it was ill-timed more than anything else. Also, raising $2.7 million is nothing to sneeze at.

7 Likes

The last time I was paid for anything creative I was paid in fly-fishing magazine swag. A hoodie is better than getting paid in “exposure,” I guess, but neither can be transformed into food, which is why that was the last time.

2 Likes

Believe me, it doesn’t help.

7 Likes

Yeah, I really do think it was the timing that caused the biggest issue.

2 Likes

I think it was the platform

1 Like