International Puppet Show Thread

Happy World Puppetry Day!!!
You guys got any favorite puppeteers or puppet shows? I can’t think of anything else to say here.

9 Likes

My favorite puppet show is called MST3K

15 Likes

Yeah, me too.
BUT, what if I were to tell you that there are other puppet shows from around the world that I’m pretty sure none of the MSTies ever heard of?

8 Likes

BUT are they allowed to have ham?

9 Likes

What does that have to do with today’s topic?

3 Likes

tumblr_m43aazFobz1qaahf6o1_500

9 Likes

… nevermind.

3 Likes

Nothing current, except MST3K. But I do love the old Muppet Show episodes!

5 Likes

Food Party by Thu Tran and company is one of my favorite shows.

4 Likes

I’ve always admired how much life and emotion Trace Beaulieu put into Crow. The realistic expressions (like lowering his eyes to read a report) are so impressive!

10 Likes

There are puppets on this website?

5 Likes

Aside from MST3K, definitely The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock as far as favorite puppet shows go, but there are so many great ones, even excluding of Henson or Krofft…

4 Likes

I dunno. Are there?

4 Likes

I may or may not be the voice of this puppet (but not the puppeteer):

4 Likes

Okay. Thinking back, I’ve got a few of my favorite puppet shows. The Muppets, MST3K (of course), there’re also some puppet shows I saw on Saturday Morning Media (founded and owned by the amazing and incredible @themwaverly), and last but not least is this Japanese musical puppet variety show I saw on NHK ( Japan Broadcasting Corporation or Nippon Hōsō Kyōkai) that nobody has ever heard of but I did, that I would like to simply call it: YGQ.

5 Likes

In honor of the occasion, King Friday XIII has had the palace decorated with the finest festoonery.

12 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna go cry in the corner now.

3 Likes

While we are discussing puppets and their symbiotic relationship to man-

Mummenschanz: Puppets or not puppets?

4 Likes

I’m kinda expexting some questions you guys might ask me, like: “What’s YGQ, and what does it stand for? Maybe just say the title?”
I’ll say the reason myself on why. It’s because recently I’ve gotten the theme song out of my head, and I don’t want to risk putting it back in my head by possibly saying the title that’ll embarrass the crap outta me.

3 Likes