International Puppet Show Thread

100% puppets for the Mummenschanz.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Oh, right. Greg the Bunny. Haven’t heard of it for a while.

5 Likes

Well, I did name my son Henson …

5 Likes

For those who are fans of puppetry, I highly recommend a visit to The Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta. You might even run into a couple of familiar Robot Friends there …

7 Likes

Wayne White’s work on Pee Wee’s Playhouse

Bacause Randy rocks

11 Likes

I grew up with Shari Lewis (I even named my dog Shari Lewis. I was 4) and Kukla, Fran and Ollie.

We also had season tix to the summer program at The Center for Puppetry Arts when I lived in Atlanta, and I got to take all the kids to the shows. Gosh, I loved that. My favorite was the National Marionette Theater.

I was also in a puppet troop when I was in college.

6 Likes

There were exactly 2 ways to get my TV viewership as a kid. Animation or puppets. (Preferences that stick with me to this day.)

Besides all the obvious choices, I remember Pinwheel, Gigglesnort Hotel, Today’s Special, ALF, Space Cats…

7 Likes

I’ll go there one of these days.

5 Likes

Shari Lewis went to my mom’s school with Lambchop in the early 1950s before she was famous. My mom never forgot it.

5 Likes

You’re probably aware of it—the White documentary is great.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Gary Gnu with the Gary Gnews…

6 Likes

being john malkovich GIF by Arrow Academy

4 Likes

Pee Wee Herman is Elvis Costello as Forrest Gump!

5 Likes

Pretty sure The TV Wheel would be a favorite if it got picked up.

The pilot episode was very fun and looked so damn good.

5 Likes

Yup, seen the White doc. Guy has done some amazing work.

2 Likes

And of course, when it comes to OTHER hosted movie shows that incorporate puppets, I gotta put it down for Svengoolie and Wolfman Mac’s Chiller Drive-In.

5 Likes

So… anybody care to be interested in what the Japanese puppet show YGQ is and what the acronym stands for? Again: I’ve gotten the theme song out of my head, and I don’t want to risk putting it back in my head by possibly saying the title that embarrasses me.

3 Likes
2 Likes