Introduce yourselves here!

Greetings and salutations, friends! And welcome to our BETA TEST of the new official MST3K forums. Here you are welcome to discuss all things relating to what we assume is your favorite show ever, Mystery Science Theater 3000. These forums are currently in development as we decide whether to stick with this option or go with something else. We look forward to getting your feedback on where things should go from here.

Anytime you have feedback to add, you can hop over to Forums Feedback and share it.

In the meantime, please introduce yourself below, and welcome!

76 Likes

Hey gang, Twitter’s @AlexHassel87 here.

You guys watch Joe Don Baker movies?

58 Likes

Wow, our first ever post! This is a momentous occasion.

Welcome, friend!

27 Likes

All of this seems so rad! I’m so excited.

Thanks for the opportunity!

15 Likes

I’m here and I’m nobody special, or at least that’s what I was always told by my parents. And teachers. And peers. And clergy. And random passers-by.

42 Likes

Hi everybody! It’s Adam Smith. (No, not that one. No, not him either. I’m the other guy.) It’s great to be here! I’m looking forward to kicking the tires on this Discourse gizmo.

22 Likes

Howdy!
Long time fan. MST3K was not just entertainment for us. So glad I got to educate my son on critical pop culture theory when he was young & malleable so I could make jokes he would get later on. He’s grown now & also knows the value of cheesy movies, pop culture advert jokes & had a modern version of a "python buffoonery"series to point out the absurdities of modern life to give him a richer perspective going forward in life. It helped him develop a fondness for Toho B movie monsters & a special place in our hearts for Gamera.

22 Likes

Red 5 standing by. Eric in Portland, OR.

32 Likes

Hello from Arizona! Long time listener, first time caller. Been a fan for ages. So good to meet all of you!

I’m Jon and I’ll be back later to tell you how!

17 Likes

Hey everybody, 7roi here. I’m @SteamSaint on Twitter and Insta and I’ve been a MSTie since I saw my first episode, King Dinosaur, back in season two.
When I’m not enjoying MST3K, I’m playing RPGs and board games with my friends, reading X-Men or hard at work designing my own TTRPG.
:heart:
7roi

18 Likes

Richard O’Brien here. I’m… not really on twitter. Been a fan since I first found it on Comedy Central and still own video tapes from suncoast. Hey the Spotted Cuckoo flies backwards.

15 Likes

Hi, all! Old fan from Austin checking in.

19 Likes

誰が生き、誰が死ぬかを決めたい!
(Dare ga iki, dare ga shinu ka o kimetai!)

Hello, my name is Westley, and Google Translate is my… second… favorite plaything…

17 Likes

…and this forum IMMEDIATELY loses points for not allowing my Takei GIF to animate from a copy and paste… :sob:

Well… at least it works if you reference a URL…

21 Likes

Agreed, that’s pretty unacceptable.

HA, you did what I was going to do with the URL!

12 Likes

I’ve been on internet forums since the 90s when they first started being a thing… I’ve seen and been on so many, seen the evolution of them… and am kind of sad that they appear to be going by the wayside for the “kids” that prefer what I consider more “temporary” solutions such as Discord, and comments sections on webpages.

It makes me sad, because you can search old forums, and even “necro” old posts to bring back up an old conversation… but you can’t do that with many of these modern systems. This kind of “instantaneous” and “throw away” attitude towards user content it… it just doesn’t help build a community.

Community requires shared stories, shared references, shared culture. And you can’t have that when your stories and references disappear with the poof of a server wipe, or get pushed down by the lack of a “thread”!

31 Likes

Thanks for the invite! And double thanks for adding the set visit perk late in the Kickstarter. AND triple thanks for deciding to move your production home so close to my house out here in Philadelphia. I truly cannot wait to see it all happen in person.

Seriously, I can’t wait… heading over there now… as soon as I figure out how to get Google Maps to find the Satellite of Love…

15 Likes

I’m Ryan and I post things on the internet sometimes. Glad to support a Pennsylvanian small business.

15 Likes

Hi I’m Matt from central Minnesota! I’ve been a fan of the show since I caught “Parts” on cable in junior high. My MSTie highlight would have to be meeting Joel in 2012 after a screening of “I Accuse My Parents,” my favorite episode of his. Trace was also at that event! I am beyond pumped to see Emily host some episodes.

15 Likes