Introduce yourselves here!

Hey everyone! Sean Patrick McCrary here! Huge MST3K fan since the 90’s. Work at Thermo Fisher Scientific making the world cleaner, healthier, and safer and keep the mysty buzz going during my work day with my swag…

10 Likes

Greetings!
Long time fan - but new to forum!
I’m super excited to be a part of the Kickstarter and looking forward to the latest season!

Fave movie: The Giant Gila Monster, but honestly there are so many.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Hey all, I’m ArtooBetoo. If you frequent the MST3K Twitch channel, then you’ll know me as a Mod there. I’m also the primary source for new emotes on the channel.

I’ve been a fan of MST since the mid-90’s. I’d heard about it in the early 90s but we didn’t have Comedy Central. I first discovered it airing on a local channel at 2 AM in the form of the MST Hour. I grew up watching creature features (and even some USA Up All Night) so MST fit me like a glove. I collected as many episodes as I could through tape exchanges and such until MST came to the SciFi Channel, which we did have.

It’s been great fun to help out on the MST3K Twitch, especially since so many have turned to outlets like that to find connection and companionship during the pandemic. If you’re into Discord, I and some of the people over on the Twitch channel put together a server for MSTies. All MSTies are invited to join our Discord server using the invite link: Gizmonic Institute

8 Likes

Hi folks, Bill from South Central Illinois here. I’ve been a big fan of the show for nearly 20 years and proud to have been a backer for Seasons 11, 12, and 13. It’s great to have a place to congregate and chat about our favorite little cowtown puppet show. So, uh, eh then, eh?

7 Likes

Hi there, I’m live in Oregon. I had a chance to see the last liveshow.

9 Likes

Welcome! I hope you’ll show us some photos in the “Show us your bots!” thread: Show us your Bots!

2 Likes

Allo allo! I’m Kit, and MST3K has been a part of my life since I first saw it on The Comedy Channel (yes, before the merger with HA! and rebrand to Comedy Central). It, along with Douglas Adams and Monty Python, was fundamental to the development of my sense of humor.

I find forums impossible to keep up on, so I don’t know that I’ll be around much, but figured I’d sign up and check things out.

For the record, my favorite episode is “Mitchell”, and my dad admitted to seeing that one in the theaters. I’ve lived long enough to know how he feels…I saw “Mac And Me” in the theater when I was a kid!

9 Likes

Hi! Thanks Lesley and the MST3K crew for putting this together. :slight_smile:

I’m MavinMaverick in most places (and a few other things in some other places). I’ve been a MSTie since the 90’s and I backed the most recent project on the first day. The humor of the show has influenced my own humor and I’m known to make random comments about things no one else notices (often awkward!). I generally don’t expect anyone to understand what the heck I’m talking about.

I’m also a writer and editor - I primarily write sci-fi/fantasy, often incorporating dark humor. I also have a connection to Minnesota, having gone to university there around the time of the last few Sci-Fi channel seasons. It helped me understand some of the more Minnesota-related comments.

Hi all and I hope everything comes together as planned!

6 Likes

Hai Kiba, y’all. I live in mountains of western North Carolina and have been a fan of MST3K since I stumbled onto “The Cave Dwellers” on TV when it first aired in 1991. I missed the first Kickstarter campaign but I was thrilled to be able to participate in the second.

9 Likes

Hello. fan and new test subject. i have never been to outer space and do not have my own spaceship. :fleur_de_lis:

7 Likes

I [WOULD] LIKE IT VERY MUCH. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey. I’m a creepy internet weirdo that draws cartoons and is some sort of sysadmin or something and barks about Linux. I also help out with art on my friend’s new[ish?] scam baiting channel.

A close friend once described me as the joker if the joker was on the seinfeld. Clearly that’s the highest compliment I’ve ever received. It’s all been downhill since.

8 Likes

Hello Friends!

7 Likes

ello

7 Likes

hiya :wave:

7 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m a little late to the game, but I’m Teresa from southwest Missouri! I’m just here to chill with one of the best fandoms on the planet! :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Hi! I’m Annette and my highest MST3K-related honor is being mentioned by Joel in a Kickstarter update.

I’m a former preschool teacher, currently in school again for a degree in computer networking, and brushing up on my web coding/design (I’ve been doing it since the late 90s, but got rusty when I stopped having many hobbies as a teacher). I’m also very open about being disabled with multiple invisible and chronic conditions, and spend a lot of free time raising awareness and advocating for disability rights online and, when possible, offline.

I hung out in the Kickstarter comments a lot during the campaign, and I’m happy to see some familiar faces! #OneUpdateOneDollar forever!

13 Likes

Jennifer here (and as a child of the 80s, thrilled to use my name without a number after it)! Been a fan since around the turn of the century, and am still clinging to some VHS tapes with the original Comedy Central ads (was that Lewis Black doing the promos?) despite the lack of a working VCR.

I’m from CT, though yearn to move to VT someday, preferably the Castleton area. Still waiting for my pig-drawn sleigh and chest of crows.

The Mike era is my favorite, but all MST3K is good MST3K, so I will forever heed the backer call.

Happy to be here with y’all! Would anyone like some chiggers?

9 Likes

Wooooooooo! #OneUpdateOneDollar
(Old habits die hard)

5 Likes

Magician Penn Jillette

6 Likes