Introduce yourselves here!

Old school USENET #RATMMer and member of The Jeffrey Johnson Continuum™ reporting for possible occasional duty. I see at least one old face from the dial-up days above!

7 Likes

Hi all. I’ve been a fan for about 30 years (oh, jeebus). My family didn’t have cable when I was a kid, so I was introduced to the magic of MST by a friend who had the wherewithal to tape the shows whenever he could. I remember really loving Cornjob from Gamera vs. Guiron and “I have my rights! I have my rights!” from one of the Herculeses. I was a info club member and I have a vague memory of sending a letter and it getting read on the show, but I haven’t been able to confirm it (I thought it was in the “Leeches” episode, but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it since then and it wasn’t in there) and it may just be a false memory, but I do remember asking in the letter why Gypsy wouldn’t show up in the theatre. Nowadays, I tune in the MST3K channel on PlutoTV every night.

Anyway, I’m super excited for the new episodes. I’m one of those jerks that didn’t like the pacing of the newer episodes (I have a special place in my heart for the Joel episodes, which I attribute to his sleepy goofiness and my unwavering love of Trace in all his forms). While I believe the team hasn’t taken that criticism too much to heart, I do believe that they may dial it back a bit.

I love this show and, although this is my first foray into the community aside from mostly lurking on /r/MST3K, I’m sure I’ll love it here as well.

P.S. Oh yeah, I was trying to make my screen name “GameraIsFilledWithMeat” but I ran out of characters and just stuck with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Hello from a fan in Arizona! Would love to see the tour come here or to a nearby state. I sneak in some MST3K any chance I get but my wife prefers the Hallmark channel. Looking forward to the new episodes!

7 Likes

Hi everyone from Merry Olde England. Got MSTied in 2002 and have collected the whole show on DVD except that one pesky episode thats missing. Saw Rifftrax and The Mads in London in 2018.

9 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Jessiey! For those who were in the final countdown stream I introduced myself there as being super socially awkward but wanting to participate, and that holds true here lol. Excited to be more of an active part or a community I’ve loved and touted since I was a kid.

10 Likes

Oh hey, i’m in Tempe. Completely agree!

3 Likes

Probably mentioned above, but why is this thread not called “Robot Roll Call?”

11 Likes

oh hey some fellow
Arizonan MSTies! nice to meet you!

6 Likes

Hi from Arizona, where it’s currently hotter than Caroline Munro in Star Crash. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hi. I’m Paul, otherwise known as a proud Crow parent ever since I got my very own Crow from the first MST3K Kickstarter. Been watching since the Comedy Central era. Biggest thrill was meeting Beez during my set visit for season 11. Biggest disappointment was not getting a pic with Beez. I’m also a big fan of Xena, Farscape, and Doctor Who. Currently, I help Gigi Edgley (Chiana from Farscape) moderate her Twitch stream.

9 Likes

I’ve been a fan since friends showed me tapes before the show hit Comedy Central. In college, I was able to attend a Free Cheese: The Tour showing and got a shirt that I miss.

6 Likes

Been a fan since Comedy Central days, missed the originals growing up in MN but caught them later!

I, uh, also pirated every episode back in the day. My version of “spreading the tapes”. Still got 'em on a hard drive.

6 Likes

Oh, so you have heard of it.

6 Likes

Allow myself to introduce…myself. I’ve been a fan since the late Comedy Central days. I’ve backed both kickstarters and am ready for another new season of MST3K!

6 Likes

Hi, everyone. I’m Sam, I’m an alcoholic. Sorry, wrong forum.

I’m 30-years-old and live in Cincinnati with my wife. I work full-time as a film & video game writer, with Dramatic Artists Agency.

I’ve been a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000, ever since my dad rented The Movie, back in the summer of 2001. With so much history behind the show, there’s always something fresh to watch and I simply love the direction it’s being taken at this juncture. Just as I knew the Netflix seasons would be wonderful, so too do I have faith in what Joel is doing with the Gizmoplex.

5 Likes

I’m in the same tribe. I didn’t vibe with the Netflix era as much as the Mike/Joel era but this isn’t to say it didn’t have its merits.

2 Likes

Hello world!

Sorry that I’ve been lurking here, more than participating, so far. Life has been getting in the way of sitting down and coming up with anything thoughtful to actually post?

Been a MSTie from the very early days, grew up in MN and remember talking to my dad on a walkie talkie trying to adjust the UHF antenna in the attic to get KTMA to come in clear (or at least as clear as we ever got it).

Missed a lot of the early cable episodes, didn’t have cable in when it moved to Comedy Central, got cable and the internet/Usenet access in college, and sent out and received some tapes to catch up. Lost all my old KTMA tapes and copies I made from early Comedy Central tapes when I moved down to Florida… Besides some “Think Different” posters that I also lost in the move, only stuff that didn’t make it? Of course!

Was lucky enough to get to see the live tour when they passed through the Florida Panhandle. Really hope that the Time Bubble Tour swings through here again soon! (I’m hoping that they can swing a double feature with “Frogs!” and one of the live show movies at Eden State Park, where “Frogs!” was filmed some day? Too weird? Too ambitious?)

I always enjoy seeing fellow MSTies’s bots and jumpsuits, and it looks like jackets are next? Hope to see everyone posting plenty of photos and even new build threads here in the future. I’m still trying to get my act together and build a TARDIS, then hopefully a bot or two…

When I’m not watching MST3K, you can usually find me working on customers digital devices, under my car, making homemade goodies in the kitchen, or at a race track.

Take care all

Perfect Face For Radio

6 Likes

Hello, new friends. My name is Michael and I live in Pennsylvania and have loved Mystery Science Theater 3000 for something like 25 years even though the cable provider we had when I was growing up never had Comedy Central and didn’t get the SciFi Channel until the week that the last episode aired in 1999. Thank the Mads for out of town friends with VCRs and more expansive cable packages. I guess Jeff Goldblum was right. Life, uh… finds a way.

6 Likes

One of us… one of us… one of us…

I mean, welcome fellow MSTie!

:wink:

6 Likes

Hello, my name is Matt. My 30th anniversary with MST3K is coming up soon. July 20th, 1991, I watched Daddy-O. The rest is history. About me? Well…

I learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature…

6 Likes