Introduce yourselves here!

Hey friends! I’m Natalie! I’ve been watching MST3K since Joel was in the satellite! No matter how much time goes by, seeing those little silhouettes at the bottom of the screen still fills me with delight!

I moved to Scotland where I have done the good work of getting more UK people into the show! My English boyfriend calls it “brilliant.”MST3K is in my top three shows with Twin Peaks and Doctor Who.

I’m an artist and I like to make props and work on video projects. My latest efforts are K9 from Doctor Who and soon Tom Servo! My dream project is to kit-bash my own SOL!

15 Likes

Awesome idea! I used to have the SOL model kit put out my Janus years ago (Janus went out of business) - I had to sell it, sadly, when I fell on hard times. Things are better now, and I’d give anything to be able to find another one.

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware they made an official one! That’s cool!

2 Likes

I took a few pictures of mine before I sent it away…

19 Likes

Hi there, I’m Tyler. Anyone know where I can get some of Mike’s Redhot Ricochet BBQ Sauce? I heard it’s bold.

12 Likes

Hi, I’m dez from the planet dez. How do I get “Backer” next to my name (I am a Kickstarter backer). Thank you!

4 Likes

Where in Canada? I’m from Ottawa and also got into MST3K in the 90s. Friends lent me their tapes and then I was off to buy more.

5 Likes

I’m also a high school teacher from Canada, but got into it in the 90s. It was never on TV up here, but you could get the episodes when they were released on home video — and now we have the wonderful Shout! TV to show us the way. I use MST3K to show that old films have relevance… not to mention revealing the great tradition of instructional films, for which there was a major studio up here in the GWN.

8 Likes

This outta work for ya:

4 Likes

I’m from Nova Scotia. I started buying the Rhino VHS tapes when they became available, but first started watching them in '91 or '92 when a friend at university brought back a box of taped episodes after visiting relatives in Maine.

7 Likes

Gilbert here. Mothbot on most socials. I’m an illustrator and designer. I started watching MST3K at a friend’s house around 1989-90 and somewhere, may still have a box of VHS tapes of the show.

9 Likes

I’m from Pueblo! Where are you?

3 Likes

Hello. Just wanted to say hi to all of the fellow Misties out there. I have been a fan since 1988. I look forward to the new antics conceived by the creative minds at “Best Brain” (if that still exists. You have to excuse me, I’m old). For over thirty years, they have yet to disappoint and I look forward to fresh laughs. I can only binge my DVDs so much before I have them memorized (but even then they are still funny).

9 Likes

Like… Vancouver, western Canada?
…are there other film schools in Western Canada? (Sorry, too many years in Vancouver and I just assume VFS is it.)

3 Likes

…you got into high school teaching in the 90s? I started in 2000. :wink:

Instructional film shorts are always fun to play for a class, especially anything of a “life choices” option like “Are You Ready for Marriage?” or “Why Study Industrial Arts?” I couldn’t find the Rifftrax of “Shake Hands with Danger” anywhere when I had Career and Life Education 10 to teach this year.

And I’m off in BC – breathing in the glorious smoke of summer here in the Okanagan whenever I chance the outside.

https://images.app.goo.gl/pSsc16a3Xeq4S42v5

(Sigh. The link, of course, is to the requisite quip from “Agent for HARM.” No, not the judo range.)

4 Likes

LOOOONG time fan, first time caller :slight_smile:

Seriously, Joel and the bots (along with Firesign and Monty Python) have gotten me through some rough, rough patches in life. You all do the work of the angels. Thank you for continuing this vital laugh therapy.

since others seem to be listing their location… mine is So Cal.

12 Likes

Good morning, I’m Brian! Started watching MST3K in high school in the 80s, Monday nights on Comedy Central. Haven’t stopped since - it’s been a constant in my life ever since!

10 Likes

Hi folks. Jack here.

Been a fan since sometime in the early ‘90s. My ex-wife went into labor with our first child during “Brute Man,” and I may be the only person who waxes nostalgic at that film.

Oh, I’m just outside NYC.

13 Likes

If you like British comedies, you should try 'Still Game". It’s a Scottish sitcom about 2 lifetime friends and the shenanigans they get up to now that they’re retired. The accents can be a little rough to understand sometimes. I’ve watched it multiple times and pick up a joke each time that I previously missed as I began to learn the accent. I believe it’s still on Netflix, or you can find most on YouTube.

6 Likes

Hi! I first “met” MST3K when my brother-in-law showed it to Mr. Atom and me in the early '90s; I haven’t seen much of the newest stuff, since I don’t have Netflix (gasp!), but I backed both Kickstarters and hope to catch up with it all someday.

12 Likes