Introduce yourselves here!

Hello! Long, long, longtime watcher that just remembered to check back on this and said, woah, there are forums now. I 'm a Seattle-ite who writes fantasy & science fiction. Looking forward to checking out the other intros!

11 Likes

Hey all,

MST3k fan for quite a while now, but not long enough to have exchanged tapes!

Look out for snakes!

12 Likes

Hello all! I’ve been a fan since 1991 when I discovered the show while in college. I have passed on the tradition of watching the shows to my daughter. :nerd_face:

11 Likes

Hello from upstate NY. I’ve been a fan since my friend showed me an episode one Saturday morning in the summer of 1991 and while I don’t have a VCR I do still have all my tapes! Also I was super fortunate to attend both Conventio-Cons, anybody else here get to go to either?

11 Likes

Hey.
Peace Godzilla GIF

14 Likes

Greetings, programs! You can call me Chad, because that’s my name. MST3K helped me through a rough patch last year when I was knocked down with my first bout of COVID-19. Laughing your head off while fighting off an upper respiratory infection isn’t necessarily the smartest thing in the world, but it helped me get through it.

17 Likes

Hi Everyone,
I’m Dave. Who knew that once, a long time ago, my parents putting me in front of a TV show with puppets, would lead to me being a part of a movement to make another season of it!
looking mystery science theater 3000 GIF

13 Likes

Hello! I’m a fan who was introduced to MST3K by a friend during the mid-2000s. Really quickly latched onto the series as being from the Midwest, all that Midwest humor was just A+! Really feels nostalgic and reminds me of all of my Wisconsin family.

I’m so glad to see the legacy of MST3K still going strong and to have a chance to back it with these projects! Really looking forward to seeing what this new season brings!

11 Likes

Thank you for your service to this country!

…and thank you for your support of MST3K!

Welcome!

6 Likes

Hello! I’m David from Idaho. Most will know me as Torgo from the Forrestcrow boards, but alas, that username is predictably taken here. I currently run a blog called MST3K, Rifftrax, and Beyond, where I try to log various riffing projects I watch. You can visit it ant mst3krifftrax.blogspot.com.

To the new season!

14 Likes

Hello. Just watch out for snakes.

8 Likes

Hello! Another old RATMMer here, late to the party - as usual. I’ve been watching MST3K since Season 2 was being broadcast, and I’ve rewatched it, in order, many times. I’m very much looking forward to the new season!

13 Likes

Hello, hello! I’m not surprised you got here first. grin

3 Likes

Greetings and salutations, all!

I’ve been completely crazy for MST3K since I accidentally learned about it in 1993. I still have a box full of the tapes I recorded from TV as well as the Rhino tapes. I contributed to the first MST3K Kickstarter, and after having had such a fun time with the Netflix episodes, there was no way I was not going to take part in this Gizmoplex Kickstarter!

If I’m not watching MST3K, I spend my time discovering new films (well, films that are new to me, anyways) from all over the cinematic spectrum and reading mystery novels.

I’ve been going back or forth between coming here after seeing the invite in the Kickstarter updates, and I thought, “Oh, what the hell, let’s go for it and have a great time.” So, I’m here, and I’m glad to be here. It’s always firmly been my belief that MSTies are the best people and the greatest fans in the world, so it’s terrific to meet you all!

19 Likes

Hello, everyone.

My name is Eric. I am a Culinary grad with 13 years in food with a eclectic passion for nostalgia. I am a huge animation fan, LEGO builder, and collector of Saturday Morning cartoons and their respective art work. I was also an extra in The Dark Night Rises. Specifically, the football stadium scene. I’m one of those blurry people in the background. Have yet to find me. I also make YouTube videos but been on a hiatus for two years. This year I am making my grand return with a new format. God help me. LOL.

I was introduced to MST3K on my own from watching a special on unique and weird shows. Later watched my first full episode in the basement of my now stepdad’s house. Since then, I have been hooked. I even own the original Clowns in the Sky CD’s. Always wanted the rough cut of the Final episode but never had the chance to order it. MST3K was also my inspiration for improve and just wanting to be the class clown. I’m hoping with my new videos to get back to that silliness.

18 Likes

Hello all, my name is Mat from Ohio unfortunately.

12 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m John from San Antonio. Looking forward these new forums and the Gizmoplex.

14 Likes

Hey Everyone – Charlie W from Coastal New Jersey here! (I no longer say that I’m from the Jersey Shore, that’s been ruined by Snooki, et al).

Been a MSTie since the early Mike days. A backer for the reboot, a backer for Season 13, attended the live show twice, once with Jonah/Joel and then last year a few days before the pandemic sent us all indoors. Big fan of Rifftrax, I’ve backed them a few times and attend most of the Live events at our local movie theater. Liked Season 11 a lot, thought that once they found their rhythm and let the movie breathe a bit that they were a terrific cast. Loved the Gauntlet - “Mac & Me” really raised their game. My wife and I have raised our two daughters on MST3K and Rifftrax – they are huge fans of the show as well! MST3K/Rifftrax are our family “go to” – when in doubt, put on Pluto or any of the other outlets and see which episode is airing! We’ve collected nearly every one of the MST3K DVD sets (my biggest regret being not getting a copy of Volume X until after Godzilla vs. Megalon was pulled).

We have a media room on the 2nd floor of our house, this is one wall. Silhouette artwork by my two talented daughters, poster framing by my wife. Drinking beer and staying out of the way by me.

Cheers!

27 Likes

Welcome!

I’m still adjusting the antenna in the attic.

9 Likes

Hello all. Thanks to the MST3K wizards for making a way for us to connect. I am a “vintage Mistie”,going back to the days when we actually circulated the tapes! I found the show while recuperating from a ruptured appendix. The show helped keep my spirits up during those long months, even though it hurt to laugh. I think MST3K is a lifeline for many of us. :heart:

13 Likes