Introduce yourselves here!

I’ll be honest, they were before my time, but I appreciate good music thru the ages, so don’t discount all younger people, just the ones with bad music tastes :rofl:

3 Likes

They were before my time as well, but only by a skosh.

I will never forget being in a Barnes and Noble a few years ago when they had their calendars on sale and some little girl (seriously she couldn’t have been more than ten) grabbed one of the Beatles calendars, opened it, and cried to her mother, “Oh my Ringo!” (and yeah, I think mom bought the calendar for her)

4 Likes

That was defo the thing that crawls out of the TV in the Japanese original of The Ring. Mom reeled her in before having to try and explain why no one plays VHS tapes anymore.

Hi everyone, my name is Maria! Sadly, I didn’t discover MST3K until around the mid 00’s, through an online friend. Oh, and also maaaaybe through seeing some MSTied fanfic and thinking ‘‘What on earth is this??’’

Fave host is Joel, fave bot is Tom, and fave mad is Dr. F, but all of the hosts, bots, and Mads have their own unique charms and strengths.

13 Likes

Hey, we’re just glad that you found the series!

Solid faves… does any particular episode jump out as a fave?

Also, welcome to the forums!

6 Likes

Welcome and I love your username!

4 Likes

I honestly like the vast majority of MST3K episodes to some degree or other (it’s really rare that I’ll outright dislike one), but all-time faves include Pod People, I Accuse My Parents (those two share my #1 spot, if I have to pick ), Robot Monster, Catalina Caper, Jungle Goddess, Gamera vs. Guiron, Manos, Bride of the Monster, Warrior of the Lost World, Girls Town, Zombie Nightmare, and Quest of the Delta Knights.

And thank you!!

7 Likes

Great roundup of episodes there! You’d be in good company, too, since Joel’s favorite episode is apparently I Accuse My Parents.

And you’re very welcome - cheers! :smiley:

3 Likes

I know, and I personally think it has some of Joel’s greatest riff deliveries!

4 Likes

Oh, and from the newer incarnations: Cry Wilderness and Santo are up there with my older faves!

4 Likes

Oh, wonderful! Yeah, it’s really impressive how the newer episodes are very much in line with the classic episodes. The feel, the flavor, the heart of the show? All intact.

Glad you dig them!

3 Likes

I’ve been posting for a while, but I don’t think I ever actually introduced myself.

I like to go online by the handle of Pak-Man (I know it’s spelled wrong. It’s a play on words off of “Game Pak” which was super-relevant in the Nintendo chat room back in '95 when I thought it up.) I’ve seen a lot of familiar faces here, and some of you may know me from the Rifftrax Roundtable forums, where I still moderate.

My interests include video games (Duh!), comic book movies, Animated TV shows, collecting Transformers, and MST3K (Duh).

An MST3K-relevant story: Way back in the wooly pioneer days of the Internet, I met my wife online, and at about that time, the Sci-Fi Channel website was having what it called an online convention. (People had no idea what to do with online back then. They just knew it was good, so they threw whatever they could onto websites.) As part of that, they made Manos: The Hands of Fate available to watch via RealPlayer. Me and my then-online-girlfriend decided to stream it at the same time so we could watch together. If anyone remembers streaming video with RealPlayer on a dial-up modem, it wasn’t optimal. More of a slide show with audio. But we got the gist of it and that began a tradition of me taping episodes off the Sci-Fi channel so we could watch them “together” in a chat room online. Love blossomed, and we got married and had a kid and still enjoy MST3K together to this day.

12 Likes

That’s a ridiculously boss story, @Pak-Man.

And it’s always good to see you making the rounds here; thanks for the introduction!

(Also, Manos on RealPlayer? WOW. Best nine-hour episode of MST3K ever!)

6 Likes

Oof, RealPlayer. Even over a T1 connection in college, watching things on that was difficult. Young people have no idea how difficult it was to watch video over the Internet before YouTube!

Also, that’s a sweet love story.

5 Likes

Hello @TominaServina and glad to put more info with your posts, @Pak-Man ! Glad to have you here! The movies may be bad, but the only bad MST is no MST!

5 Likes

I’m not from Colorado (an East Coaster here), but I’ve heard about that Lakewood hotel from time to time.

Hmmm… I don’t know if they do special showings, but they used to host annual MSTie Turkey Day Gatherings. They had their fourth such gathering in 2019; not sure if they do that anymore.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think s year counts as a while. :sweat_smile:

According to my calculations, you should still be buffering.

…buffering…

7 Likes

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Hey all what’s up!
Long time fan since 107 Robot Monster
Enjoyed every change of the show, and glad it has stayed true to its self, thru people who are passionate in keeping it going.
I’ve backed all the Kickstarters along the way, mainly because this cow town show has pulled be out of some very difficult life altering lows, passing of loved ones, heartaches and I found out on my own for me, laughter is the best medicine. So supporting MST3K for me is like helping a very dear friend that I’d never meet, this show is family.
The way MST3K gives us the different comedic styles of zany, off beat, crazy, sarcastic, completely obscure references, and call backs are just a few of the many reasons I come back for more.
So THANK YOU MST3K crew past present and future for doing all that you do to keep this wonderful little puppet show of madness around, and hopefully for many years to come.

14 Likes

Welcome! I like to think the 78 in your name means you are Tom Servo #78 from Crow’s robot cloning experiment.

7 Likes