Introduce yourselves here!

Howdy there, and a welcome to you as well to these here forums!

It’s great to see you making the rounds here, so you know that I would be energetic and vocal in telling you that I’m happy for your participation in this MST3K community.

That all sounds fantastic, especially getting that Thanksgiving time to enjoy the Turkey Day Marathon festivities.

It’s absolutely something else to see the MST3K community take part in that tradition. The same goes as well for the new episodes, so thank you for joining us for that!

8 Likes

It’s a weird thing to admit but the first episode of MST I ever saw was on MTV. It was nominated for the Cable Ace Award and lots of networks were showing episodes from other channels. My local cable system was managed by a creep who didn’t want to carry Comedy Central, but after seeing the episode on MTV, I got my sister in Iowa City to record episodes for me. Didn’t get MST on my local cable system until it started on Sci Fi.

9 Likes

That’s awesome, @jjland51! That’s how I found my first MST3K episode on MTV, too, they were showing Alien from L.A.! I believe a number of our fellow MSTies found MST3K that way as well.

We didn’t get Comedy Central while MST3K was running there, but like yourself, I was able to catch the run over at Sci-Fi Channel.

That’s way cool that your sister recorded those episodes for you. Do you happen to remember any favorites out of that lot?

And since you’re in this thread, here’s an official welcome to the forums!

4 Likes

I didn’t know MST3K was on MTV.:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Me neither… that is actually news to me!

3 Likes

That was a one-off event, some kind of a Comedy Weekend promotional event as @jjland51 pointed out.

According to the ridiculously amazing and comprehensive MST3K resource that is the MST3K Temple, this was back on January 23, 1994.

I don’t believe MTV showed MST3K on the channel after that promotional event, but… it would have been amazing if they had!

6 Likes

Okay. So apparently, my name actually rhymes with “banana”: North American way.

2 Likes

From Gardendale. Huzzah!

2 Likes

Welcome to Gardendale! Wait, is that what we’re doing?

2 Likes

Hi all. I guess it does not need to be said but I’m a big fan of MST3K. My name is Joe and I’m from Saint Louis. I remember so fondly watching it on TV in high school ( back in 90s, roughly 92-96) after the day was done and that was my first introduction to the show. I, in particular, remember watching Monster a Go-Go this way. And from those exposures I was hooked and I would set up the vcr to record as many episodes as I could at home. My friends and I would watch though tapes and just laugh so hard. I’ve been a big fan ever since. So let’s hit that couch and watch some episodes and have some :popcorn:

17 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @javajoe96, glad to have you aboard!

Love the background stuff you put up there; it was always the best, recording episodes of MST3K off TV, and going through tape after tape after tape.

HELL YES :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome to the cu… community!!! :fireworks:

3 Likes

Have a couple of brews with the :popcorn: for the MST3K party!

OlWWtJ

Particularly Schlitz. :laughing:

3 Likes

You’re not out of Schlitz, are you?

4 Likes

If so, you can probably find a quarter-can of watery Old Mil down by the river.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Wassail if you please, guv’nah

3 Likes

I’m Seth, fan since 1993-ish. I live in Monterey CA, with my partner (and fellow MSTie), Crow, Tom, and Thomas (a cat, no relation).

11 Likes

Welcome Seth!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Seth_Bat, and glad to have ya here in the forums! :smiley:

4 Likes