Is there a way to become more than a "regular?"

the simpsons flare GIF

8 Likes

You guys make my heart have happy.

6 Likes

I’m fairly “regular” what are the perimeters of “Regular” status? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Here’s all about Discourse trust levels. For Regular, scroll to level three.

4 Likes

Wow…I would need to stop working to get at the “regular” level…lolol!

5 Likes

Hmm. The regulars posting in here might feel differently…

4 Likes

this website

3 Likes

I keep my status set to “regular” mostly so I still know if I have it or not.

This is true, you have to visit reasonably often, but I think weekends are probably within that reason. I think what gets people is keeping up with the new topics. You have to read a certain percent of posts and also a certain percent of new topics. I don’t know how I still have regular status (assuming I still do) because I don’t (think) I discover all that many of the new topics. I spot whole sections I’ve forgotten to look in for weeks full of stuff I don’t know about, but here I am.

<edit>Huh, still regular.</edit>

5 Likes

Geez, I thought achieving Regular status was already hard enough; you want more?

4 Likes

As long as nobody gets to run around with “Community Manager + Raisin Snail” next to their name, I’m satisfied with the status quo.

7 Likes

HEY!!! Lesley’s the Raisin Snail around here!

Why do I feel like I’m one of the honorary body guards here?

6 Likes

Hot dang!!! I am a veteran of that conflict! I want a Raisin Snail Badge!

6 Likes

The inevitable jokes aside, anyone know if there’s any way to know how long someone has been regular? I mean, there’s obviously a timer or three for each account that monitors visit frequency, how many new topics are read in a given period, etc., so I’m wondering if any of them are exposed to the account owner?

4 Likes

Not that I’m aware of. We can see when someone was granted the status (month and day if in the same calendar year, month and year if in a previous year) here, but that’s about it as far as I can tell.

4 Likes

Aha, forgot about that. Thanks.

4 Likes

There are rumors of a secret MSTilluminati, but I don’t believe a word of it.

You could become a pirate instead. You just have to pass the Three Trials.

5 Likes

Yes, you, too, can become the Dread Pirate Roberts®! It’s as easy as…

1. Pay your franchise initiation fee[1] and first year’s license fee[2] to Dread Pirate Roberts®, LLC.[3]
  2. Choose your location from our list of available markets. We’ll handle the build-out and marketing![4]
  3. Hire your crew, buckle your swash, and profit![5]

1. non-refundable ↩︎

2. non-refundable ↩︎

3. NO PERSONAL CHECKS ↩︎

4. Dread Pirate Roberts®, LLC makes no guarantee of a market being geographically colocated with the franchisee ↩︎

5. Dread Pirate Roberts®, LLC collects 5% of all loot, booty, and swag. Failure to comply is grounds for Black Spot® proceedings ↩︎

5 Likes

Ooooh, RL Stevenson reference FTW!

4 Likes

Well, the “Three Trials” @Starman referenced are from The Curse Secret of Monkey Island adventure game. Which is very topical since a new game in the series was just announced.

3 Likes

And we all know where the Dread Pirate Roberts comes from… Pirates of the Caribbean!

2 Likes