Is there a way to become more than a "regular?"

There was a thread for that.

3 Likes

But what if I genuinely am a Party Magnet? :partying_face: :tada:

I do see this crowd being particularly clever with this option, however. I think to minimise the headache of constantly needing to patrol it, folks should only be able to change it once a month or so. (Even then, that’s a lot of potential new ones.) And limit it to people who already meet certain criteria, like Regulars or whatever.

6 Likes

Thread Defenestrator!

window GIF

5 Likes

(post defenestrated by author)

4 Likes

If you don’t talk with your kids about flair,…
flair
… who will?

10 Likes

the simpsons flare GIF

8 Likes

You guys make my heart have happy.

6 Likes

I’m fairly “regular” what are the perimeters of “Regular” status? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Here’s all about Discourse trust levels. For Regular, scroll to level three.

4 Likes

Wow…I would need to stop working to get at the “regular” level…lolol!

5 Likes

Hmm. The regulars posting in here might feel differently…

4 Likes

this website

3 Likes

I keep my status set to “regular” mostly so I still know if I have it or not.

This is true, you have to visit reasonably often, but I think weekends are probably within that reason. I think what gets people is keeping up with the new topics. You have to read a certain percent of posts and also a certain percent of new topics. I don’t know how I still have regular status (assuming I still do) because I don’t (think) I discover all that many of the new topics. I spot whole sections I’ve forgotten to look in for weeks full of stuff I don’t know about, but here I am.

<edit>Huh, still regular.</edit>

5 Likes

Geez, I thought achieving Regular status was already hard enough; you want more?

4 Likes

As long as nobody gets to run around with “Community Manager + Raisin Snail” next to their name, I’m satisfied with the status quo.

7 Likes

HEY!!! Lesley’s the Raisin Snail around here!

Why do I feel like I’m one of the honorary body guards here?

6 Likes

Hot dang!!! I am a veteran of that conflict! I want a Raisin Snail Badge!

6 Likes

The inevitable jokes aside, anyone know if there’s any way to know how long someone has been regular? I mean, there’s obviously a timer or three for each account that monitors visit frequency, how many new topics are read in a given period, etc., so I’m wondering if any of them are exposed to the account owner?

4 Likes

Not that I’m aware of. We can see when someone was granted the status (month and day if in the same calendar year, month and year if in a previous year) here, but that’s about it as far as I can tell.

4 Likes

Aha, forgot about that. Thanks.

4 Likes