Is there not a reasonable way to watch VHX content on your TV?

Why are you all wasting time on this when there will be an app in a few weeks?

5 Likes

Yeah, myself as well. Anyone know if there’s a VHX App in the PS4 Console/Sony Bravia Smart TV/Amazon Fire-spheres?

We want things NOW! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Nothing for PlayStation

I know this will just be frustrating for non-Roku users to hear buuuut … there’s still a native VHX app for Roku and it still works fine to watch the newly added pre-Gizmoplex stuff. I mean I assume it’s still on the store to download; maybe I have it because I’ve had it for years. (It’s confusingly called Vimeo VHX now even though the actual Vimeo app is still separate.)

[Edited: Well apparently it’s no longer available to load for a Roku user who didn’t already have it, according to my friends down-thread. What the what, VHX?!?]

2 Likes

See my other post @trdsf – my VHX app on Roku is still looking fine. Well, as “fine” as the VHX app has ever looked, which is – not so fine.

But it does work…

[Edit: No it doesn’t. Unless you already had it.]

3 Likes

I am on vacation now, and will be back to work in a few weeks. No time like now to watch all of those episodes I have not seen in a decade or two.

1 Like

Because a bunch of folks just received their digital rewards, want to watch their trove of episodes, and are more than a bit shocked/surprised to find out they can’t without some serious tinkering.

yes this will all be resolved when the Gizmoplex opens, but for excited backers who want to play with their new toys, it’s a bit frustrating.

7 Likes

Vimeo VHX is not available on either of my Roku devices, and I did not have a Roku back when the previous seasons came out. I can only assume that if you had it installed already, you can keep it, but otherwise you are SOL (and I aint talking about the Satellite of Love).

3 Likes

Oh UGH. That so very really stinks.

Sorry to hear that… The true Gizomoplex can’t appear soon enough, can it. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Or:

Thank you, everyone at Team MST3K, for giving us access to these episodes in advance of the release of the Gizmoplex. While VHX may not offer the effortless instant access we would like, we’re happy to have the ability to download and/or stream the files now while we wait for the enormous undertaking which we have banded together to help fund to be completed.

Thanks again for all your hard work, and happy holidays to you and yours.

23 Likes

There’s a couple of services I watch streams from (ViaOccitanie, Talking Pictures TV Encore), that don’t have apps.
But my Fire TV Stick has a browser, so I just bookmark those sites and use them that way. Initial access is a bit clunky 'til you maximise the screen and click play, but it works.

4 Likes

I just tested out my VHX account with my Nvidia Shield TV Pro and I was able to use the cast to TV function with no issues. I bought the Shield exactly 2 years ago so it’s not the latest version but it’s an awesome device.
Happy viewing!

4 Likes

Anyone know if there’s a Vhx app for iPhone?

1 Like

It works fine in Safari on the iPhone. I used Airplay to send it to my tv.

3 Likes

Yup. This. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I opened the VHX website on my Android phone in the Chrome browser, hit play on an episode, and the media player in the browser has a cast button right on the bottom. This only casts the media and not my entire screen or my entire browser tab. I can cast to Chromecast, Nest Hub, Chromecast Ultra, and Chromecast with Google TV. It sounds like airplay for Apple is also working from the other replies here.

Have y’all tried turning it off and back on again?

5 Likes

Ugh, to add insult to injury, I just tried to use VHX on my phone with Chrome, and cast it to the new Roku TV in my man cave, but VHX will not cast to it, even though YouTube has no problem. The only option I have now is to use the media pc I have connected to the TV in the living room to watch through the HDMI input. Unfortunately, as it is nearly Christmas, the girls have locked that TV down with sappy Christmas movies so not an option until they all go shopping, or time for go to bed.

Why VHX, Why?!

1 Like

I’d further this to: why bother with streaming/apps at all, including the Gizmoplex, when you can download the videos and have complete control over when/how you watch?

3 Likes

Why download videos when they should be able to stream to our TVs using apps that were once available to do so?

See, anyone can play the why do this when you can do that game. Not everyone has the same setup/ ability to do what others seem to want them to “just do”. VHX may have once been a decent platform for this. As of now, they are not. Maybe it will be better with the Gizmoplex, but the current incarnation of VHX does not instill me confidence that it will be so.

I am not here to complain, I have Blu-rays coming eventually (hopefully near the same time as the Gizmoplex opens). I am here to let the powers that be know that the current process for streaming is not working for me, so please make sure the effort is made to right the ship before the Gizmoplex becomes available.

5 Likes