Is Turkey Day 2023 going to happen?

I really REALLY hope so! Does anyone know if there will be one this year?

9 Likes

They haven’t skipped one in something like a decade, so I feel pretty confident in saying yes.

7 Likes

I’d say it’s a certainty. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if there were going to be important S14 details revealed.

6 Likes

I wonder if that will be when SOME of the S14 movies are announced…

7 Likes

I think a Turkey Day Marathon will happen, but how it’s executed could depend on if the strikes are resolved or not?

So, we may have Joel as himself introducing each episode and talking about some S14 and perhaps tour details (pending strike resolutions?) We may even see Matt, Lesley and Ivan discussing any possible S14 KS details? But, no sketches, no actors in character? I’d love to see a big in-universe/in character announcement for S14, maybe even a few things already shot, but unless the strikes are resolved before then, I’m not going to be surprised if we don’t see anything remotely like that?

Or, we may get a new slate of Turkey Day movies, but replays of classic Turkey Day sketches? And, an email announcement re: S14?

I’m sure that we’ll have something to properly celebrate Turkey Day. And, no matter what… we’ll always have Turkules…

Shrug…

8 Likes

I can’t tell you what will happen with Turkey Day(because I don’t currently know) but I can tell you that we’d like to make new things as much as you’d like to watch them.

34 Likes

That’s good enough for me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If the actors are members of the unions on strike (and I’m pretty certain that Patton and Felicia are) then they cannot do any promotions for any projects that are covered under the union rules.

In character or out, they cannot.

5 Likes

They can’t if the studio producing the content is one the unions are striking against.

There are waivers available for small/indie projects. Not sure where MST and Alternaversal fall here. I would think they would count as an indie production that they could ask for a waiver if they wanted, but I suspect they prefer supporting the strike.

6 Likes

And, that’s why I specifically didn’t include either of them in any of what I theorized? :+1:

(And, honestly Joel and Matt would even be a stretch functioning as producers while presenting a marathon - both act and write as well.)

I’m not expecting anyone to cross any lines for Turkey Day? Don’t want them to. If they’re on the picket line that day, I’d love to send them some turkey sandwiches? Wrapped in paper decorated with images of Turkules.

I think that if the strikes are still going on anywhere close to turkey day, we’ll see a marathon and possibly some old turkey day sketches on Turkey Day, followed by an email update.

And, I’m fine with that?

5 Likes

I suspect that sending the SOL into the past means that we won’t see Felicia and Patton again as regulars. Just a guess.

4 Likes

No. Thanksgiving is cancelled. No turkeys for anyone.

2 Likes

So it’s your fault that Publix has only has three frozen turkey breasts at an ungodly price of $3.69/lb???

Angry Hulk GIF

Unless they’re dropped from a helicopter, WKRP in Cincinnati-style

14 Likes

As god is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!

11 Likes

17 Likes

It’s a huge holiday. I hope so ….!!!

2 Likes

At this point in time, I can only give you a hearty, unassuming hope so.

23 Likes

Nothing to do but dress the mods up and have them run it, then.

(Doesn’t count as scabbing so long as they’re just dressed up as each other.)

Turkey Crossing The Road GIF by Storyful

4 Likes

I pray for Turkey Day 2023. There’s only so many parades with balloons one person can take… let alone the unrelenting pointless banter between over compensated news readers and lip syncing vocalists

4 Likes