Is Turkey Day 2023 going to happen?

Just try being in the parade. I was in the Macy*s parade in 1980 as a clown, which was the role the rank-and-file employees were usually given. We were accompanying the Melba Moore float, and she was indeed lip-syncing.

9 Likes

I’m listening. Tell me more.

7 Likes

I’m not a mod so I can’t take charge of this venture.

I am already at work on my own copy of Turkules, though. Just in case it’s needed.

Cobble-Gobble!!

4 Likes

Well, they’re not going to dress themselves, clearly.

3 Likes

Hey! I’ve been dressing myself for …

Wait …

Hang on …

Got the buttons wrong …

again

There! Ha! I’ve been dressing myself for decades now.

6 Likes

You could just…not watch the parades? There is no law requiring parade viewership.

4 Likes

So it isn’t your mother that dresses you funny?

3 Likes

No I pick my funny clothes all by myself. So there. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

… well in that case, because of that, I don’t think I wanna eat turkey no more.

tamakicorner_2

3 Likes

Maybe where YOU live…

4 Likes

It’s not a holiday at all on my side of the Pond, but I do look forward to my annual Autumnal gallinaceous gallimaufry.

6 Likes

Put a UNIT_OF_LOCAL_CURRENCY in the vocabulary jar!

6 Likes

No, we’ve given it a pardon.

1 Like

I just got tickets for a basketball tournament that starts on Thanksgiving day in Las Vegas. I’m going to spend the day driving, eating, and watching basketball, so I don’t care if there is a Turkey Day Marathon…just kidding. I hope there is one so other people can have fun.

3 Likes

Even if nothing official is happening, there are all kinds of unofficial things we could do. We could decide on a list together, or just everyone do what they want and play all your favourites all day.

Either way, I should probably book the day off. Not sure that my boss has noticed yet that I’m always out on American Thanksgiving…

11 Likes

A few years ago, a TDM was based entirely on fan votes, and the selection was as predictable as you might expect.
If everyone voted for their top experiments, then a randomised choice was made from the ones without votes, it might be more interesting. But the votes would have to be honest.

5 Likes

I mean, I’m pretty much always up for rewatching Space Mutiny, no need to tell me twice.

9 Likes

Mad Monster, Manos, Blood Waters… lets bring the Deep Hurting to Turkey day!!!

5 Likes

Sometimes you just gotta go ahead and play “Freebird” for the people!

8 Likes

At no time ever is anyone required to play Freebird, ever never.

4 Likes