Is Your Favorite Actor/Actress in a MSTied Movie?

Not really favorite actor, but Lana Clarkson was one of the first celebrities I had a crush on as a teenager after watching Deathstalker and Barbarian Queen on the local UHF late, late movie. She played the warrior princess in a lot of Roger Corman fantasy flicks (including Wizards of the Lost Kingdom II, which used a lot of Barbarian Queen stock footage). It was like seeing a live action Teela from Masters of the Universe - my first crush from before I even liked girls.

3 Likes

That reminds me, I must include Caroline Munro. My friends and I were all smitten with her thanks to her appearance in The Golden Voyage of Sinbad and other films. I think she, along with Adrienne Barbeau and Sybil Danning, had a big influence on my generation.

4 Likes

from The Go-Betweens?!

:man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Bruno VeSota is a brilliant actor. He never got taken seriously in Hollywood because of his weight, so he stayed in the B-Movie circuit and made the movies heā€™s in better for it. I unironically love his performance in Attack of the Giant Leeches. He genuinely makes me sympathize with his character.

Heā€™s also in FIVE episodes of MST3K.

7 Likes

What was Ian McShane in? Iā€™ve looked through his filmography listing and canā€™t find it.

Killer Fish has Roy Brocksmith as Ollie the campy photographer. Itā€™s actually quite an unusual role for him, as he typically played smug jerks. Perhaps his best known role is in Total Recall as the guy trying to convince Schwarzenegger heā€™s actually dreaming, and thereā€™s also his guest roles as an alien strategist in Star Trek: TNG and the landlord in Seinfeld who calls Kramerā€™s mother a ā€œdrunken stumblebum.ā€

6 Likes

+1 for Kim Cattrall. To this day she still treats her MST3k fans very well on social media.

6 Likes

Ian McShane was in Codename: Diamondhead.

7 Likes

A lot of outstanding actors have been mentioned! Iā€™d like to add in the great Maximilian Schell. An awesome Austrian character actor who picked up everything he was in, even the almost unwatchable Hamlet.

6 Likes

Nice to know another Cushing/Lee fan. BTW didja know that Kino is putting Village of the Giants on blu ray?

3 Likes

OMG I totally forgot and I love Ian McShane!

6 Likes

Yes! The whole thing with her and Crow made me a fan, too. I still have an old MST calendar with that pic of her and Crow kissing!

5 Likes

Yup - heā€™s MST Royalty.

4 Likes

I just picked up a blu ray of ā€œWolf of Snow Hollowā€ - one of his final films. He was so good and I wished heā€™d had more scenes.

3 Likes

OMG Shame on me for forgetting Roddy McDowall - love love love him!!

5 Likes

Marie Windsor! She was a classic :heart:

4 Likes

Adam West in Zombie Nightmare. As said during the livestream, he was robbed of what could have been a big prestige career due to being so strongly associated with the campy rendition of Batman (which looking at that show now, itā€™s hard to see how anyone could miss that the show was supposed to be a comedy).

9 Likes

Donā€™t judge him solely on Mitchell - Martin Balsam has done some amazing roles.

And who doesnā€™t love Merritt Stone? :wink:
GeneRoth

4 Likes

Anyone who was in 12 Angry Men is movie royalty as far as Iā€™m concerned.

10 Likes

Love that film. Heā€™s also part of the across-the-board brilliant cast of Psycho, and appears in two Twilight Zone episodes.

6 Likes

I always liked John Ireland too.

John and Beverly Garland had a nice onscreen chemistry in Gunslinger, plus you have Allison Hayes, Bruno, and othersā€¦ a pretty sweet cast you assembled there, Roger.

7 Likes