It finally happened! Phish reference in MST3K!

From the new Gamera bumpers we have this. My two obsessions in the mid 90s were Phish and MST3K and we finally got a crossover.

8 Likes

I have been absolutely SCREAMING over the stuff being referenced in these first three episodes, stuff that hasn’t been previously referenced in MST3K and that I would never have expected to end up on the show. Very cool stuff!

Also, welcome to the forums!

4 Likes

Tim and Rebecca are big Phish fans, so this makes sense.

5 Likes

Yeah, Rebecca tweets about Phish a lot. She wrote a special comic book or something for the band recently.

4 Likes

Helped write.

It was for the Halloween show last year. Those shows started out by them covering an album. Then they started handing out PhishBills to explain why they chose that. Then they got weirder and did a Disney sound effects album. Then they made up a band.

Last year they had an entire SF plot going on and handed out a comic instead of a PhishBill.

1 Like

OMG ZZYZX??

1 Like

I messed up my user name but OMG Yes :wink:

1 Like

RMP. PLM. Mike is bread.

with limestone blocks so large,
DAV

1 Like

Finally.

Let’s pack it in boys.

1 Like

1 Like

I’m a Phish fan. Have all their albums on CD, saw them live twice. But I’m not a good enough fan to get the reference. :slightly_frowning_face:

Everybody’s a good enough fan if they like the music. It’s a song title. They only have like a million songs, so it’s not surprising if it’s unfamiliar.

1 Like

I thought it was a reference to the book IT by horror author Stephen King.