It’s Friday the 13th. Do you feel lucky? The Mods’ Choice Community Watch Party series rolls on with your OPEN THREAD for the MYSTERY EPISODE tonight at 8PM EDT! And just what is the Mystery Episode? Let’s find out, MUAHAHAHAHA

As we continue to venture down the Road Less Traveled watch party series, maybe it’s time for a little detour?

Hey, I see a creepy abandoned mine off in the distance in the woods… I think our next episode is there! That’s strange, it appears to be in an old treasure chest.

What the… do I hear the voice of Dom DeLuise?

Do I sense the presence of Loni Anderson in this place?

Do I detect the faint aroma of flying pizzas?

Do I feel as if we’re about to learn fractions?

No matter. Let’s check this out.

Oh my… brace yourselves, for it looks like tonight’s Mystery Episode is MUNCH-

lightning

THAT’S IT. I’ve seen enough horror movies to tell me that we need to get the heck away from this place, haul keister to a Motel 6, and change our plans RIGHT AWAY.

Now, then… let’s tap into the Gizmoplex episode collection and see what our actual Mystery Episode is. How fortunate! Tonight’s Mystery Episode is…

theundead

ROGER CORMAN’S THE UNDEAD!

What luck! Our detour on the Road Less Traveled will take us to the American Institute of Psychical Researchiculating, where an unscrupulous researchiculator uses hypnosis to send a woman into a past life in the Middle Ages, a time where one may encounter a shape-shifting witch, a nefarious imp, clueless knights, a musically innovative gravedigger, and Satan, who appears to have been cast out of community theater.

Keep in mind that tonight is an ABSOLUTELY OFF-THE-RECORD and THOROUGHLY UNAUTHORIZED watch party! If we don’t cover our tracks and clear away any evidence that we were here, the Mads will force us to clean Scroop’s Tavern from top to bottom with a toothbrush, and we do not want to STAAAAAAAAAAAAY there!

As this is a classic MST3K episode, it should be available to everyone. You can either watch your own copy or stream the episode for free at the Gizmoplex VHX site:

In the theater, the crew watches as a hypnotist sends a woman from the present back into the distant past in THE UNDEAD (1957). Meanwhile, on the SOL, Servo’s invitation to join the Observers doesn’t go well.

Head on down to Meg-Maud’s place for some of her delicious mashed were-mouse, fire up the latest Digger Smolkin album, gettest thou a cemetery full of savings at MENARDS, and join us at 8PM EDT. (But don’t worry, you can join in at any time by checking the clock and advancing to the current point. For example, if you tune in at 8:26 EDT, advance to 26 minutes.)

Remember, the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater is still closed due to an imp infestation (more like an impfestation, amiriiiiiiiiite), so be sure to meet us in the secret bunker (aka the VHX website)!

13 Likes

Well, just to get it out of the way:

ETA, NO, @optiMSTie, let’s

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

7 Likes

Needless to say…

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Wait a second…

Okay, @Aquarius is absolutely right here.

LET’S STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

7 Likes

A Roger Corman movie for Friday the 13th. That truly is scary.

9 Likes

We got THIS close to closing the deal on bringing y’all Brewster’s Millions with Richard Pryor and John Candy, but things fell apart at the last minute.

WE GOT THE NEXT BEST THING, THOUGH :smiley:

8 Likes

I’m still working so will be in and out tonight.

8 Likes

Brewster’s Millions might be too high bar for this group :rofl:

7 Likes

BUT IT HAS -HEART-, DANG IT

and sometimes, that’s enough

3 Likes

Hope all goes well there, and we’ll look forward to seeing you around here!

5 Likes

I have to stay now, because I’M AN IMP :smiley:

4 Likes

WOOHOO! Watch Party Friday is back!

And the mystery is solved! With a great episode from Season Eight too!

So excited for tonight! Let’s do this!

5 Likes

Season Eight was freaking magic like that. Just about a uniformly strong season all the way around, so we’re definitely glad to celebrate another Season Eight installment here.

Cheers, and all the best! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hell’s Bells, it’s Mel Welles!

6 Likes

Mel Welles is mad as hell, and he’s not going to take this anymore going to serenade us with his croontastic song stylings.

4 Likes

I can’t vouch for the authenticity of it, but apparently there is a Mel Welles autographed still from this movie on ebay right now.

5 Likes

I hope that works out better than the authentic Wel Melles autograph I bought.

[folds arms indignantly]

3 Likes

YAYAYAYAYA OMG I LOVE THIS SO MUCH
mostly I love the erudite streetwalker, as I’m sure some of you have heard me mention before. “Don’t you have any Proust?!”

8 Likes

“I’M RECOMBINING DNA, IF YA DON’T MIND.”

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah, glad to hear that you dig tonight’s pick! :smiley:

4 Likes

“T’ROUGH A GLASS DARKLY, YEAH”

4 Likes

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL… the references we never see comin’.

Even Diana’s SNORING sounds scholarly!

5 Likes