It’s on the tip of my tongue!

I’m trying to remember the MST3k episode where Joel, carrying a laundry basket, catches the ‘bots getting into some shenanigans and tosses the basket while shouting “GOOD GRAVY!” It made me crack up the first time I saw it, but I don’t remember which episode it was. I’m pretty sure it’s NOT Eegah! or The Human Duplicators, and I know for a fact it was a Joel episode.

4 Likes

Girl In Lovers Lane opener.

Took me a few minutes to remember. (Damn those Waters Of Forgetfulness™!)

7 Likes

Here’s the bit from the official channel!

6 Likes

@ArtCrow Thank you both!!!

4 Likes

Just remembered: There’s a pretty hilarious blooper of this segment too! (At the 8:42 mark)

5 Likes

What do you think? Is The Girl in Lover’s Lane the most depressing movie they ever did?

3 Likes

I think it’s definitely up there along with The Beatniks, but I can’t say for sure til I see ‘em all!

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d say it’s the most depressing “good” (or at least legit) movie they did.

The other ones seem to focus on one person’s little inane troubles, but this one, Jack Elam killing the one unblemished person, and looking on it from a third-person perspective. It’s more of a downer than some stupid kid selling shoes or getting duped by some doxy etc.

Maybe the Mamie Van Doren ones, Girls Town or Untamed Youth are rivals in this regard.

3 Likes

Tormented is pretty depressing too.

3 Likes

How could I forget that one!!! Having a little girl almost be murdered and witnessing two people falling to their deaths is pretty bad.
Interestingly, though, I don’t find it too hard to watch- cheese aside, it has an okay story and the acting isn’t awful.

2 Likes

My vote would be for High School Big Shot. There is just NOTHING pleasant about that movie.

3 Likes