🎶 "It's A Story In Rhyme..." 🎶

:zap:

:notes: “…Where the negatives and the positives
Make the heavens shine…”
:notes:

Watching Sumuru, and the return of the “Speak-In-Rhyme” (to flummox the Mads) subplot got me thinking. Outside of actual musicals and related forms, how many figures in modern pop culture have had speaking in rhyme as their signature thing?

Let’s see. Old comics… I remember Alan Moore’s version of Etrigan. (Don’t know if he used rhyme before that. It’s been awhile.) There was the Leanan sídhe (evil seductress) from Matt Wagner’s Mage comics in the 80s. Two-Edge in Elfquest spoke in rhyme, too.

Oh, dear. I hope this doesn’t mean that Jonah and Emily must morph into weird double-dealing demons, or giant 2-D versions of themselves (!!!), to escape the Mads. I mean, do we even have the budget for that?

Anyway, who else am I forgetting?

3 Likes

NO MORE RHYMES!

5 Likes

Fezzik in The Princess Bride

6 Likes

Dammit! Just beaten!

3 Likes

WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!!!

7 Likes

…much like poor Shirley Eaton…

3 Likes

Nipsey Russell did it frequently.

4 Likes

To get back to the original question… the spells in Doctor Strange used to be invoked with rhyming couplets, and this is a general trope with spell casting, and pretty well falls under your “invoke demons” umbrella. So I guess we’re looking for not spell casting and not singing…

Dr. Seuss wrote in rhyme, therefore his characters spoke in it much of the time.

I suppose Batman’s Riddler often does as well, though more a byproduct of what he’s compelled to do, which is to lay out his plan in a way that Batman can find a clue.

2 Likes

My error was in my delay.

5 Likes

I’ll let you off on a warning, just for today.

4 Likes

Anybody want a peanut?

4 Likes

And that Shirley Eaton was no Shirley Clay… :trumpet:

2 Likes

Rudy Ray Moore of Dolemite fame comes to mind. He’s known as the Godfather of Rap for a reason!

2 Likes

But… how tall was he? He was, like 80’ tall or something, right?

2 Likes

Eventually, yeah!

1 Like

Every Transformers fan’s favorite Transformer to hate, Wheelie, spoke exclusively in rhyme.

5 Likes

Wordsworth from the Heathcliff cartoon show spoke in rhyme.

3 Likes

Eminem in 8 mile.

Ducks to avoid tomatoes

2 Likes

50 cent in Get rich or die trying.

Starts eating tomatoes off the floor, cause I could be here for a while

1 Like

Not Vanilla Ice ?! ?!

:boomerang: === :tomato:

1 Like