It's not been what I expected....

I had high expectations for this Kickstarter, and specifically this new season. I was really excited to have not only more MST3K, but a new home. I was excited for a new host, new puppeteers for Crow and Servo, a new feel and continuation of the wacky world MST3K has created with it’s SOL.

I had really high expectations…

And those expectations have been exceeded ten fold.

I love how season 13 has been spread out throughout this year. I love the Discourse channel, the live events, the fellow Mysties. It’s been a blast! It’s made 2022 one of the best years in a while.

Thank you for everyone involved in backing MST3K and everyone who is involved with making this possible.

71 Likes

happy youtube GIF by Hyper RPG

10 Likes

First Half GIF

Ohhhhh, you so got meeeee, ya rascal!

Also, there’s a discord?! :open_mouth: What do all you jokers get up to in there?

18 Likes

Discourse, the forums we are currently in :wink:

5 Likes

Ya know, you keep giving @ivan @timryder @mattmcg22 everyone else a heart attack, we won’t get the rest of that season 13. :smiley:

16 Likes

Ah, m’bad. Though not really too disappointed, I find discord chats with a bunch of people really hard to keep up with. Forums are at a nice speed.

6 Likes

Okay, but if you’re going to bait-and-switch, this is the better way to do it for sure.

8 Likes

My 2022 has been rough, and this Discourse and the new episodes and events have been such a wonderful bright spot, and knowing how much more there is to look forward to makes my black little heart happy. Y’all are the best, S13 has been a blast so far, and as excited as I was when I backed the Kickstarter, I’m even more pumped to see what else is in store!

16 Likes

Gosh, SAME. MST3K both show and community have been a huge bright spot when stuff is otherwise kinda rough. I hope things get better in your 2022. :heart:

11 Likes

There is a Discord, FYI. I don’t this is official in any way, but there’s definitely a MST3K Discord out there somewheres.

4 Likes

True, true. There are certainly facebook groups, would make sense that some MSTies made a discord at some point too.

3 Likes

talking

Same, same, same.

Not exactly the best of years, but everything with this new iteration of MST3K - Season 13, the Gizmoplex, the live events, this Discourse, all-a-y’all - has made things a bit of incredible. Much better than I could have anticipated.

Credit and thanks where they’re due.

14 Likes

All of us mushy buggers here on the forums:

Best Friends Friend GIF by PermissionIO

11 Likes

I think season 13 has been pretty amazing too. The staff has really improved on the dynamics from seasons 11 & 12. The selection of movies is strong!

I have mixed feelings on not being able to binge watch season 13 like the Netflix episodes. While I am eager to see them, perhaps slowing things down and making us wait for new episodes is a good thing. :smiley:

10 Likes

I’m flattered that my opinion could give heart attacks lol. Rest assured, my love for MST3K isn’t faltered, it’s deepened for sure.

7 Likes

I agree! There is an unofficial MST3K discord channel rolling around somewhere.

4 Likes

Satellite of Love

I don’t think it’s moderated but it does have the shared rooms to do video and audio chat.

4 Likes

I like the one-episode-at-a-time thingamajig for keeping us all on the same page (more or less). This kind of episode release system will do a lot to facilitate better discussions, I think.

19 Likes

I’m enjoying the release schedule a whole lot, it lets me make an event out of the evening and I look forward to it all week. :heart: But I’m also still isolating due to covid, so my lifetime excitement at the moment is MST3K, D&D, and occasional curbside errands. :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

There’s prep involved and it’s something to look forward to, and that’s just boss.

It’s like watching the Sci-Fi Channel run of episodes when they premiered, and I was all, “All right, gotta figure out snacks for this and make this a THING!”

11 Likes