It's the TRIPLE RIFFLE SPECTACULAR! This is your Open Thread for tonight's premiere of the season 13 finale, 🐲 THE CHRISTMAS DRAGON! 🐲

Tonight, this momentous holiday extravaganza features our first-ever TRIPLE RIFFLE SPECTACULAR, in which hosts Joel, Jonah, and Emily all share riffing duties in what is possibly MST3K’s most ambitious episode ever!

Join our heroes for a vaguely medieval tale about a pack of precocious orphans hoping to save a dying Father Christmas in Episode 1313: THE CHRISTMAS DRAGON!

After the premiere, stick around for a post-show discussion with the entire cast of season 13 (almost!), filmed in front of a live audience at the beautiful Colonial Theatre in Phoenixville, PA. Get on board at 8pm ET / 5pm PT

:rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light: SPOILER POLICY :rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:

If you have watched the new episode in advance, DO NOT POST SPOILERS about the episode without encasing them in spoiler tags! Let’s not ruin the fun for those seeing it for the first time.

Spoiler tags look like this, without the extra spaces between the brackets:
[ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ]

Or, you can click the settings button:

Your spoilers will then look all blurry like this: THE PAPER CHASE GUY KILLS MEGAWEAPON, so community members can decide if they want to click on the blur and see what it says.

Thanks y’all! #SeeYouInTheGizmoplex !

13 Likes

The author of the screenplay is on Reddit if you have anything you want to tell them.

7 Likes

Just… kinda hard to believe that we’re here already…

11 Likes

Really looking forward to this tonight woo hoo!! :christmas_tree: :dragon:

5 Likes

What a heck of a ride, eh, folks?

I loved this season of MST3K so very much. Jonah, Emily, Joel, their respective SOL compatriots, and everyone - EVERYONE - involved with the show have put on something extraordinarily special. And this season finale is gonna be a fantastico capper to it all.

Aye, we still have four Gizmoplex livestream events spread out over January and February, but this is the big kahuna, the grand conclusion to the screamingly hilarious madcap Season 13 shenanigans, and it’s going to be… quite an experience. And I’m grateful to be able to share it with all of you hardcore MSTies, the greatest fanbase in the universe.

Once more:

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

17 Likes

I can vouch that Shylah is an absolute delight and a big fan of MST3K. I am hopeful that she and her co-screenwriter will be appearing on a future livestream event next year.

22 Likes

It would be neat to have them and the people behind Demon Squad for a livestream event together. Maybe find other people whose movies have been riffed.

9 Likes

Not only has Season 13 been a lot of fun, but this Discourse has become one of my favorite places on the internet. It’s like hanging out in old-style chatrooms, but more modern!

14 Likes

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Oh, excellent, so glad to hear that she’s a fan!

And that would be terrific if they could join us for a livestream event sometime down the road!

9 Likes

Woohoo! The 5th and final night of Holiday Week!

This has been an amazing marathon of events and now let’s close it out in style!

I have been so pumped and excited for this!

LET’S DO THIS!

5 Likes

high-five1

You know it, brother!

I love that this is how we’re closing out the December events at the Gizmoplex. And there’s SO MUCH EXCITEMENT AND HYPE IN ALL OF THIS.

What a time to be a MSTie!

6 Likes

I’d like to echo what @Derek already said…it’s honestly awesome, yet bittersweet that tonight’s finally happening. I feel like it was only a few weeks ago that we watched those backer edits, that I wrote those long essays disguised as notes and tonight seemed like a long ways away.

Happy that I’ll be finally able to catch this new premiere live, after missing out on the last three due to work. It’s been a great season, the culmination of so much effort from concept to final result.

It’s a period of time I’ll not soon forget, but I won’t cry because it’s over, I’ll celebrate the great times and hope for even more in 2023.

Without further ado, my MSTies and Gizmoplexians…let’s CHRISTMAS this DRAGON!!!

13 Likes

Also: if Joel and company decide to do a Season 14, I’ve already go my $100-or-so dollas earmarked to help fund it!

15 Likes

We’re gonna find a way to use TV Frank’s Christmas savings bond (which matures in 2023!) to make this happen!

16 Likes

Now is this dragon movie the one with Matt Smith or am I mixing that up with something else? :wink:

4 Likes

So glad to have ya here for the livestream premiere, brother!

Amen to all of that.

HECK YES :smiley:

6 Likes

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Another Christmas riff to add to the holiday rotation!

Joel, Jonah, and Emily all riffing in the theater together!

More of the Q&A aftershow!

We are so spoiled! Thank you to the entire cast and crew for such a fantastic ride!

(yes, I’ve been saving up all of those exclamation points!)

10 Likes

This is gonna be one of the best things about this whole thingamabob, being able to factor in FOUR MST3K episodes into the yearly holiday viewing lineups now!

SO MUCH WORD TO THIS

The heartiest of thank yous to the folks who made this all possible!

6 Likes

Not gonna lie, it’s surreal to have reached this point.

What a journey it has been!

A lot of emotions happening here. But, it’s all worth it!

9 Likes