IT'S YOUR OPEN THREAD for episode 1302 "Robot Wars," starting tonight at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, only in the Gizmoplex!

Greetings, puny humans! Tonight’s special advance backer screening features ROBOT WARS, starring Barbara Crampton and a whole lot of stop-motion robot models. The event kicks off at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, and will include some updates about the soft launch after the show. Also, hit us with your questions in the Livestream Q&A category for tonight’s show.

Use this thread to anticipate and discuss! And while you wait, here’s your random pre-show question: are we ACTUALLY all living in a simulation, or no? Show your evidence! :blush:

22 Likes

But will it be a Robot Holocaust?

14 Likes

Also, you know you’re in for a good time with a Charles “Laserblast/The Day Time Ended” Band.

One day, maybe MST3K will delve into the wonderful world of Full Moon movies, but they’ll have to do something about the gratuitous naked breasts that show up in pretty much all of them at some point.

7 Likes

ROBOT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS

18 Likes

Seriously, I can’t wait for this! :smiley: I love Barbara Crampton’s work, and to have Charles Band silliness on MST3K again? YES, PLEASE.

“We’re gonna have to order a fleet of censorship drones.”

7 Likes

There’s one Full Moon movie where everyone drinks this green liquid like it was lemonade or something and, in an early post-credits sequence, long before that was commonplace, two of the undead creatures are sitting at a table with a pitcher of the green liquid, and one of them says, “what the f**** is this stuff anyway?” I loved that.

6 Likes

matrixwrongquestions

6 Likes

Yes, we’re absolutely living in a simulation, because [gestures to Jeff Dunham]

5 Likes

We’re not in a simulation. Or if we are, it’s like a 7-year-old got a copy of The Sims and spent the last couple of years learning how the distaster functions worked.

7 Likes

I’m afraid I can’t make this one, guys. Last basketball tickets of the season, so I’m off with my dad and kids to watch the OKC Thunder forget how to play basketball in the 4th quarter. Catch you on the rewatch!

10 Likes

Family is definitely more important than any TV show. Have fun, @Dinobot!

4 Likes

Have we tried rebooting? Y’know … unplug it and plug it back in? Because seriously.

6 Likes

Do you guys remember this concept art of Crow wearing his Robot Wars outfit from many updates ago?

Crow Robot Wars Concept Art

21 Likes

It’s like Sim-Ant where the simulation is now MASSIVE SPIDERS EVERYWHERE

5 Likes

Cheers and have a fantastic time at the game, @Dinobot - and here’s to the rewatch rocking out for you!

2 Likes

It’s Gizmoplex Friday. Sun is definitely shinning a little bit brighter today!

Let’s do this!

6 Likes

I have this theory that life is just a simulation. So once we kick the bucket, our same lives would start all over again, just like a game. And no, you can’t change my mind.

3 Likes

Do we know who the host is for tonight’s episode?

2 Likes

Do we have to keep putting in quarters to continue?

4 Likes

It looks like it’s Jonah, going by the summary over at the Gizmoplex.

2 Likes